08 February 2019

Love Letters Quest and Love Letters Collection Mission




(Above, scenes from the original Family Farm and Happy Land games for PC, showing Valentine's Day items from the past)

QUEST COMPLETE: Please refresh page if you do not see entire Quest.

A new 11 day traditional Quest sequence has been released in tandem with a Collection Mission.  The reward for the Collection Mission is a Stove House Recipe in the form of Strawberry Gazpacho.

Thanks to our wonderful administrator Kaye for logging the first three parts of this sequence for me before I awakened.  Please refresh the page frequently until I complete the Quest sequence.

Strategy Tips:

Warning:  Do not cast a Net as there is a fishing task that requires the Bone Hook
Warning:  Do NOT use any Spades in the Botanic Garden as one task requires that you use Spades three times

If you have Mechology, you can use Out of Nowhere to obtain items for tasks, and if you have Zoology, can use Wild Hunger.  Use of these will NOT count towards Collection Mission, however.

For new Farmers:  Do not forget that you can sell Fish for Shells and use those Shells to buy the Fish or Seafood that you need.  It can be more beneficial than using the Boost to catch a specific fish.

Note from Freyashawk
xxxxxxxxxxxxxsxxxxx

The post for the current Farm Beauty Contest can be found below this one.  If you find my site useful, please consider voting for HM. Freyashawk in the Contest.  I have been writing and updating this guide for Family Farm Seaside for five years.  If any one with a Facebook Group wishes to post a link to my site, he/she is welcome to do so, provided always that credit is given to Freyashawk.

 N.B.  PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU NEED ONLY A TOTAL OF 182 VOTES EACH DAY TO OBTAIN THE TOTAL OF 4000 NEEDED FOR THE REWARD DECORATION AND ONLY A TOTAL OF 273 VOTES PER DAY TO OBTAIN ALL REWARDS AT 6000 VOTES.

For 99% of farmers, any votes over 6000 are wasted.  To rank in the top 10, one needs about 10000 Votes.  It is not a matter of personal ego.  I ask because the name Freyashawk is associated with my strategy guides for games, and it always is my hope that recognition in the top 10 may alert new farmers to my guide.

Here is a link to the post about the Farm Beauty Contest:

Valentine Miracle Farm Beauty Contest

Collect Love Letters
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

70 Brown from Love Fruit
50 Purple from Red Rose Bouquet
30 White from Veggie Burger
10 Blue from Apricot

Reward: Strawberry Gazpacho Recipe (Stove House)

Crop List
xxxxxxxx

40 Clover
40 Corn
40 Cane
40 Pasture
40 Red Roses
40 Cucumbers
50 Strawberries
50 Garlic (Island)
60 Zucchini (Island)
60 Mushrooms

Batch Production List
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

40 Milk
6 Apple Juice
40 Eggs
40 Sugar
40 Beef
40 Wheat Flour
50 Wheat Bread
50 Champagne
60 Dried Zucchini (Island)

Strawberry Gazpacho Recipe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ingredients:  3 Beef Broth, 4 Strawberries, 2 Tomatoes, 5 Garlic
 Requires 5 Power
  Maximum: 40 Seconds but takes only 24 seconds.

Place all ingredients in the Pot and set timer for 24 seconds.  Tap Finish as soon as Bronze Star activates.

Love Letters 1/16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, dear!  Have you seen my scented candles?  My husband and I are spending Valentine's evening together, so I thought I would decorate our house.

Harvest 40 Clover
  Skip using 10 RC

Collect 30 Jars of Honey
  Skip using 10 RC

Harvest 40 Corn
  Skip using 10 RC

Rewards: 2500 Coins; 160 XP

Mom: We’re planning a very casual dinner at home. The least I can do is light some mood-setting candles. I’m sure I had them somewhere!

Love Letters 2/16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mom: Oh, look, there’s a note on the fridge! My husband moved all of my trinkets to the attic.
'Decluttering,' he calls it … One time I bought a beautiful vase for our bedroom. Guess where I found it the following week?

In the attic?

Collect 40 bottles of Milk
  Skip using 10 RC

Harvest 6 Apples
  Skip using 6 RC

Produce 6 glasses of Apple Juice
  Skip using 6 RC

Rewards: 2500 Coins; 160 XP

Mom: Exactly, in the attic! It drives me crazy! Now, come on and help me find these candles!

Love Letters 3/16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mom: I think I can see my candles buried in that pile over there. Let’s start digging! Oh no, this box is too heavy. I think I’m going to drop it!

Watch out!

Harvest 40 Cane
  Skip for 10 RC

Collect 40 Eggs
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 40 Pasture
  Skip for 10 RC

Rewards: 2500 Coins; 170 XP


The box fell with a loud thud and all of its contents spilled out upon the floor.

Love Letters 4
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  Upon further examination, this all looks familiar... I know this handwriting.  Can you guess what these are, Farmer?

Produce 40 Sugar
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 Beef
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 40 Red Roses
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Mum:  This is my husband's handwriting.... so, these are all of the love letters he sent long ago!

Special Reward: Mission Gift Box

Love Letters 5
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  I know, I know.  It is a bit shocking to think of this hardworking, down-to-earth couple penning love letters to one another, but the truth is that we both are very romantic at heart.  We wrote long love letters to one another whenever we were apart.

Prepare 6 Honey Syrup
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 2 Honey and 2 Milk

Harvest 40 Cucumber
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 Wheat Flour
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Mum:  It may prove a little embarrassing, but I cannot ignore this.  I simply MUST read these old letters.

Love Letters 6
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  I remember this envelope.  It's the first letter that my husband, then my classmate, sent to me.  He was too shy to ask me out, so he wrote this note to me.  He forgot to sign his name to it, so I had no idea who had sent it!

Prepare 8 Sugar Cubes
  Skip for 8 RC
 Each requires 1 Sugar and 1 Sugar

Harvest 50 Strawberries
  Skip for 12 RC

Produce 50 Wheat Bread
  Skip for 12 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Mum:  As for that heap of letters there?  He wrote them when I studied abroad.  We missed one another terribly!

Love Letters 7
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  Look, Farmer!  This one is my favourite.  My husband had learned the story behind his own parents' engagement.  Something tells me that you may know this story...

Prepare 8 Beef Broth
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Beef and 2 Spice

Prepare 8 Condensed Milk
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Milk and 1 Sugar

Produce 50 Bottles of Champagne
  Skip for 12 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Mum:  Then you surely must recall their wish to go to New Zealand to marry beneath a starry sky!

Love Letters 8
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  My husband loved his parents' romantic story as well.  In that letter, he promised me he always would keep romance in his heart.  Even more romantic than his father!  Oh, how young and naive we were!

Cook 3 Strawberry Gazpacho in the Stove House
  (Reward from Collection Mission)
  Skip for 10 RC

Instructions:
xxxxxxxxxx

Ingredients:  3 Beef Broth, 4 Strawberries, 2 Tomatoes, 5 Garlic
  Requires 5 Power
  Maximum: 40 Seconds but takes only 24 seconds.
Place all ingredients in the Pot and set timer for 24 seconds.  Tap Finish as soon as Bronze Star activates.

Harvest 50 Garlic
  Skip for 12 RC
  This is an Island Crop'

Fish 8 times with the Bone Fishhook
  Skip for 10 RC

N.B.  You can cast and then 'Miss' one catch deliberately to fish 8 times using the default 7 tries.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Mum:  We soon had to graduate, find good jobs, and support our growing family.  There appeared to be no time for romantic gestures in our lives.

Special Reward: Letter Tray for Darryl's House

Love Letters 9
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  Please do not misinterpret this.  We still are very much in love with one another, but work demands so much of our time and energy.  Instead of love letters and starry nights, we have... this cluttered attic, for example.  Finding and rereading all these letters was fun, though.

Harvest 60 Zucchini
  Skip for 15 RC
  This is an Island Crop

Prepare 8 Apricot Chutney
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Apricot and 1 White Vinegar

Harvest 8 Red Sandalwood
  Skip for 8 RC
  This is an Island Task
  N.B.  You can use an Electric Saw to harvest 2 from each Tree, and although you cannot use Watering Cans, weather aids such as Rain can be used to speed maturity of all Wood Trees on the Island

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Mum:  ... but I still cannot believe I am spending my St. Valentine's Day digging through old, dusty boxes because of my husband.

Love Letters 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum: What's this?  I don't recognise this envelope, and there is no stamp on it.  Judging by the handwriting, it had to have been written by my dear husband, but never was sent.  I wonder why.

Produce 60 Dried Zucchini
  Skip for 15 RC

Prepare 8 bags of Cake Flour
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Oat Flour and 2 Rye Flour

Prepare 8 Baked Tilapia
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Tilapia and 3 Wheat Flour

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Mum:  Inside the envelope was a letter with another sheet of paper.  Let's look first at the letter...

Love Letters 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  'Dear Sylvia, do you remember the promise I made long ago to you to never stop being romantic?  I know you must be feeling frustrated now.  It is St. Valentine's Day, and you are wasting it in the attic, searching for candles...'

Craft 8 Coral Rose Mirrors
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Red Rose Bouquets, 1 Polished Coral Twig and 1 Glass.  Task takes 13 minutes to complete but is counted as soon as item enters slot in Beauty Shop

Prepare 8 Tilapia with Chutney Sauce
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Apricot Chutney and 1 Baked Tilapia

Harvest 60 Mushrooms
  Skip for 15 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Mum: 'and I know we do not have time always to show our appreciation, but I fully intend to keep my promise!'

Love Letters 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  In this envelope, you will find two tickets to New Zealand, where we can spend some quality time together.  You and I and no one else... like old times!  Happy Valentine's Day!

Harvest 8 Licorice
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Licorice Candies
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Licorice and 2 Apple Juice

Craft 6 Wooden Panels in the Sawmill
  Skip for 12 RC
  This is an Island Task
  N.B.  To speed this task, it costs an enormous amount of OP: 395 OP I believe for one Wooden Panel.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Mum:  And look at the date!  February 2019.  It was his plan from the start!

Special Reward: Island Mission Gift Box

Love Letters 13
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  He hid my candles in the attic and left that note on the fridge to force me to look for the letter.  I feel I am in the midst of a true romance!

Harvest 8 Figs
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 sticks of Cotton Candy
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Sugar Cubes and 1 Honey Syrup

Prepare 8 bowls of Circus Snacks
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Cotton Candy and 1 Licorice Candy

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Mum:  He definitely kept his promise.  I never shall doubt him again.

Love Letters 14
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  What time is it, Farmer?  Uh-oh!  I completely lost track of the time.  I will be late for the date with my AMAZING husband!

Prepare 8 Fig Salads
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Fig and 4 Cucumbers

Harvest 8 Chinese Toon
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 plates of Egg Roll
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Eggs and 1 Cake Flour

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Mum:  I intended to prepare a simple candlelit dinner, but after reading this letter and finding those tickets...


Love Letters 15
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mum:  I need to step up my romance game.  Let's decorate our home quickly and find some romantic music.  What about a gift for him?  I wish I had known about his plan.  Now I feel foolish.

Prepare 8 glasses of Fig Mousse
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Figs and 2 Condensed Milk

Craft 6 Coral Dressing Tables
  Skip for 6 RC
  This is an Island Task
  Each requires 1 Coral Rose Mirror and 1 Wooden Panel and 1 Power

Prepare 8 plates of Chinese Toon Salad
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Chinese Toon and 3 Mushrooms

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Mum:  A suitcase, of course!  Thank you, Farmer.  It will be perfect for our trip to New Zealand.

Love Letters 16
xxxxzxxxxxxxx

Mum: We shall eat strawberry gazpacho and drink champagne.  Then we can plan our romantic getaway.  I am so excited!

Prepare 8 plates of Chinese Toon Egg Roll
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Egg Roll and 1 Chinese Toon Salad

Use 3 Spades to help flowers in the Botanic Garden
  Skip for 6 RC

Prepare 8 Greek Feasts
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Fig Salad and 1 Fig Mousse

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Mum:  Thank you for your help, Farmer!  Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Special Reward: Mrs. Mandarin Duck Decoration for Seaside Farm

Collection Set
xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Collection Set consists of the Letter Tray for Darryl's House, the Mrs. Mandarin Duck Decoration for Seaside and the Apricot Tree.  Register all three before the timer expires to obtain a bonus reward in the form of a Clam Friendship Flower as well as the usual rewards of 88 Green Mystrons and 1 RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.