11 September 2015

End of Summer Time-Restricted Quest and Cupcakes Collections Mission


A new time-restricted Quest entitled 'End of Summer' and new Cupcakes Collection Mission have been released.  They operate in tandem as usual and the Reward for the Collections Mission is a Collectable in the form of an Organic Asparagus Bush, which means that you will not find it in the Market at this point.

There is an additional reason to participate in the Quest sequence as it is tied to the Salad Machine.  You will receive Salad Forks when you complete the first eight steps of 'End of Summer'.

Some aspects of the Quest sequence of which you may wish to be aware are the need to complete all Orders on the Order Board as one Task and the need to complete 4 Helicopter Orders as another.  Those players, like myself, who attempt to complete all Daily Quests as early as possible after midnight and all Orders as soon after they appear as possible are at a disadvantage here!  I completed my Order Board last night and now either have to pay to skip the Task or wait until tonight to move ahead.

Salad Machine
xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Salad Machine is a special activity like the Mini Garden.  Basically, you have to unlock it first by reaching a specific Level in the game and then obtain the four different materials required to complete it by participating in a different activity each week for four weeks.  The first material was obtained by completing a special Order each day on your Daily Order Board.  It was a Spoon and you needed a total of five.  The second material is a Fork  and you will obtain these by completing the first eight parts of this 'End of Summer' traditional Quest sequence.  You need a total of eight for the Machine.

The reason I am mentioning this here is because there are players who just managed to unlock the Salad Machine, too late to obtain the Spoons from the Orders.   You  either can purchase Spoons now for 1 RC each or better, buy them using Purple Mystrons in the Purple Mystron Mystery Shop.  Purple Mystrons are earned by participating in the Farm Beauty Contests.

Initial Strategies
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I usually have this section of the post at the end, but in this case, i think it useful to mention a few facts here at the outset.  Unlike special Trees that are given as Rewards for completing Collection Missions, a Collectable such as the Organic Asparagus Bush will NOT be found in the Market at this point in time, nor during any part of the period when the Quest is active.  You therefore really need to complete the Collections Mission first, or at any rate, before you reach End of Summer 8 as this part of the Quest sequence requires the placement of the Organic Asparagus Bush on your Farm.

Furthermore, there is no way to speed the production of any Collectable.  You therefore will be required to use RC to purchase any Asparagus needed for Recipes or wait until the Bush produces it little by little.  You do have 11 Days to complete the Quest sequence, but many Farmers like to clear their screens of any Quests as early as possible.  On my Harvest Moon Farm, because I use it to write these Guide posts, I perform all the Tasks as quickly as possible in order to log them.  On my second Rosewood Farm, I take my time and it is far less expansive!

Usually, the amount produced by any Collectable is random, and can be anything from 1 to 5.  So far though, on two different farms, I have received 5 Asparagus every harvest.  It takes four hours for the Bush to produce.

Make certain that you have as many Basic Recipes in your Barn as possible, including Soft Dough, Sour Dream and Coconut Milk.  You will find that you need to make Cooked Dishes that can use a great deal of Power if you have not made some of the ingredients, themselves Cooked Dishes, previously.

Family Farm Seaside Freyashawk Group
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I created a little group on Facebook for players of Family Farm Seaside who need new Neighbours.  If you wish to join, find the Group on Facebook by typing the name into the search box on Facebook and then request to join.  All you need to do, once i accept your request is to post your Farm Name and Farm I.D.  Simple as that.  It's a casual group and I don't intend to post too much information there, apart from the links to this site when something new happens in Seaside.   You should be able to find all new Missions and Seaside options on this site still.

The reason I created th group was because I realise how important neighbours have become in this game and how difficult it can be to acquire new neighbours.  I hope this will be an easy way for Farmers to connect to others who play the game.  I will reserve the right to delete spam or invalid Farm I.D.s.

Level Requirements
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is something I would not have realised had I not played a low level game on the Kindle wherein I reached End of Summer 5 only to discover that it had a Level requirement.  It only unlocks at Level 24   Originally I assumed that, once one reached Level 18, the entire Quest would be available.

Furthermore, on my higher level Farms, I was blissfully unaware of the fact that one could not even participate fully  in the Collections Mission unless one had reached Level 21 to unlock the Salami Machine!

Obviously, one needs to have unlocked the Island to complete the entire Quest sequence, but I had not realised that there were other Level requirements along the way.  You do need to have unlocked all the Crops needed for the Quest, for example.  Strawberries and Peanuts are unlocked only when you reach Level 26.

Cupcakes Collection Mission
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Collect 70  Purple Cupcakes from Grapes
Collect 50 Blue Cupcakes from Peacock Feathers
Collect 30 Red Cuccakes from Beef Salami
Collect 10 Yellow Cupcakes from Golden Peach

Reward: Organic Asparagus Bush

End of Summer 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Laying down on the grass, closing my eyes and smelling fresh flowers are my favourite things to do during summer... this is just perfect!  Wait!  Is Darryl calling me?  Oh no... it seems that I forgot to feed the animals!

Harvest 40 Clovers
  Skip for 20 RC

Collect 40 Bottles of Buffalo Milk
  Skip for 20 RC

Collect 40 Bottles of Milk
  Skip for 20 RC

Rewards: 1000 Coins, 160 XP, 1 Salad Fork

Felicia:  Darryl totally ruined my good vibe!  Thanks for helping me feed those animals, farmer!

End of Summer 2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I might sound spoiled, 'cause we just came back from Santorini, but summer is going to end soon!  Do you think Grandma will be okay if I ask her for one more trip?

Harvest 40 Oats
  Skip for 20 RC

Harvest 12 Oranges
  Skip for 12 RC

Collect 40 Eggs
  Skip for 20 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 160 XP, 1 Salad Fork

Felicia:  I saw Grandma looking at me through the window.  Time to talk to her!

End of Summer 3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia;  Grandma said 4 trips in a row should be enough for this summer!  Maybe I should work harder so Grandma will feel proud... and then she'll let me go on one more trip before summer ends!

Prepare 12 jars of Apple Milkshake
  Skip for 12 RC

Produce 40 sacks of Oat Flour
  Skip for 20 RC

Produce 40 Loaves of Oat Bread
  Skip for 20 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 170 XP, 1 Salad Fork

Felicia:  Phew, that was a lot of work!  What should I do next?

End of Summer 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia: Finally Grandma called me for a talk.  She will probably give me an itinerary this time, haha.  But no... she gave me some orders that I have to finish as soon as possible.  

Produce 40 Buffalo Milk Cheese
  Skip for 20 RC

Harvest 40 Pineapples
  Skip for 20 RC

Prepare 20 lots of Butter
  Skip for 20 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 170 XP, 1 Salad Fork

Felicia:  Finished!  Let's giet some rest and cool down in front of the air conditioner first!  It's so hot outside!

Special Reward: Mission Gift Box containing Farm Aids

End of Summer 5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I won't give up on my plan because I know I'm closer to reaching my goal!  But before that I might hit the floor in a dead faint from my empty stomach.  Would you mind cooking something for me to eat?

Prepare 10 Crepes
  Skip for 10 RC

  Each Crepe requires 1 Batter and 2 Milk

Prepare 10 plates of Beef Risotto
  Skip for 10 RC

  Each Beef Risotto requires 1 Steak Tartare and 2 Rice

Prepare 4 Cream Cheese Bagels
  Skip for 8 RC

  Each Cream Cheese Bagel requires 1 Oat Bread and 1 Herb Cream Cheese

Reward: 1000 Coins, 180 XP, 1 Salad Fork

Felicia:  Thank you for helping to boost my energy back!  Let's continue!  

End of Summer 6
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Grandma said we got a massive order from the city in the north and she wants me to take care of this order.  My plan is to make her give me a holiday, not more work to do!

Complete the Orders on the Order Board
  Skip for 6 RC

Produce 50 Bundles of Wool
  Skip for 25 RC

Prepare 12 bowls of Sour Cream
  Skip for 12 RC

  Each requires 2 Buffalo Milk and 2 Butter

Reward: 1000 Coins, 180 XP, 1 Salad Fork

Felicia:  Why is that city ordering these products from us?  Curious what's going on there...

End of Summer 7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I heard that city is hot for 365 days a year.  Oh my... maybe I should prepare some facial water spray to re-hydrate my skin during the trip and maybe some fresh juice before I go.

Collect 20 Bottles of Facial Spray Water from Neighbours
  Skip for 20 RC

Prepare 50 Glasses of Grape Juice
  Skip for 25 RC

Prepare 8 Jugs of Lemon Champagne
  Skip for 8 RC

  Each requires 2 Lemons and 2 Champagne

Reward: 1000 Coins, 190 XP, 1 Salad Fork

Felicia:  It's nice to visit new places but it's not that nice when you're going there for work...

(Are you becoming just a little spoiled, Felicia???  Many of us do not even take four trips during one summer...  I know you work hard but still...)

End of Summer 8
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Arrived safe and sound.  The weather is not so hot and the scenery is breathtaking here!  I can't wait to finish my work and explore the city after!

Place an Organic Asparagus Bush on your Farm
  (Reward from Collections Mission)
   Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 8 Dark Chocolates
  Skip for 8 RC
  (Note that the Dark Chocolate Tree has been included in a special sale offer with a Tyre Swing and some RC)

Prepare 8 Pain au Chocolat
  Skip for 8 RC

  Each Pain au Chocolat requires 1 Dark Chocolate and 1 Soft Dough

Reward: 1000 Coins, 190 XP, 1 Salad Fork
N.B.  You now should have all the Salad Forks needed for the Salad Machine and will have to wait until next week for the next Material in the sequence...

Special Reward:  High Striker Decoration for Seaside Farm
  (This Decoration counts towards the current Beauty Contest Amusement Park Theme.  Although it adds only 1 Charm Point, it will give you more points with the Characters who are interested in the current Theme.

Felicia:  I was wrong about this place, it's cozy and friendly.  I should check some locally sourced goods and send them to our farm.

FROM THIS POINT, THERE WILL BE TASKS THAT REQUIRE ACCESS TO THE ISLAND:

End of Summer 9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Apparently, the city is going to celebrate the end of summer and htis year they're building a mini theme park.  How cool is that?  I have an idea, why don't we take part in it to earn more money for our next trip?

Harvest 50 Strawberries
  Skip for 25 RC

Craft 6 Lemon Facial Masks
  Skip for 6 RC

  These are made in the Beauty Shop.  Any mask requires a Clay Facial Mask as an ingredient, so you need 5 of these and they are made with Algae processed from Gulfweed in the Seafood House.  The actual Recipe is 1 Clay Facial Mask, 1 Lemon and 1 Almond.  The good thing about Gulfweed is that it produces 3 Algae Powders and sometimes a bonus in the form of Super Fertiliser and Organic Fertiliser.  If you don't have it in your Barn, go fishing and use the Boost to catch some.  Although each Lemon Facial Mask takes 20 minutes to complete, you will obtain credit for the task when you Start the production.

Produce 20 Bags of Chestnut Flour
  This is an Island Task.
  Skip for 10 RC

  You will need a Chestnut Tree to produce Chestnuts.

Reward: 1000 Coins, 200 XP

Felicia:  I reckon people here will love our products!  They're fresh and organic, so who wouldn't like it?!

End of Summer 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I've been busy since I arrived and I didn't have a chance to explore the city but I heard there are some amazing areas for hiking.  How about we fill our tummies first and do something fun after?

Produce 50 Jars of Strawberry Jam
  Skip for 25 RC

Prepare 8 Asparagus Bagels
  Skip for 8 RC

  The Asparagus Bush take four hours to produce a random number of Asparagus.  Ingredients for the Bagels are 1 Cream Cheese Bagel and 1 Asparagus.  If you wish to wait for th Bush to produce, you probably will have to wait an entire day to collect the number needed to produce 8 of these Bagels.  Your other options are to pay to skip the task or pay 1 RC for each Asparagus.  I would opt for the latter as you will have the actual product then!  Again, though, you do have 11 days...

  Each Cream Cheese Bagel requires 1 Oat Bread and 1 Herb Cream Cheese.  Even if you saved the ones you made for a prior task, you will need to make a few more here.

Harvest 50 Peanuts
  Skip for 25 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 200 XP

Felicia:  Let's relax now and come back before we prepare for the theme park!

End of Summer 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  This mountain isn't suitable for some one like me!  The hike is so tiring but th view was fantastic!  I want to take some pictures to show Grandma and Darryl but I don't have a camera.  Do you?

Collect 30 Polaroid Cameras from Neighbours
  Skip for 30 RC

  N.B.  I usually ask triple the number required to produce the item in question, but then I am impatient!

Prepare 8 Bowls of Golden Peach Sago Pudding
  Skip for 8 RC

  Each Golden Peach Sago Pudding requires 1 Golden Peach and 1 Sago Pudding.

  Niote that the Golden Peach Tree is part of a current sale offer, combined with a Bumper Car Decoration that is part of the current Beauty Contest theme.

  Sago Pudding is made with 1 Sago Bubbles and 1 Coconut Milk
  Sago Bubbles is made with  2 Sweet Potatoes and 2 Wheat Flour
  Coconut Milk is made with 1 Coconut and 2 Sugar

With a task like this, you can run out of Power, so it is here that saved Cleaning Gift Boxes can prove very useful as they often yield Power.  I keep all the extra Power I receive in my Gift Box until needed for a Quest like this one.  Coconut Milk is a Basic Recipe and if you have some stored in your Barn at all times, so much the better.

Produce 8 Peanut Chocolates
   Skip for 8 RC

  N.B.  You will need a Chocolate Machine for this.  The Chocolate Machine costs 8 RC but you must reach Level 19 to unlock it.  How much we high level farmers take for granted!  My poor little Kindle Farmer is only at Level 18, after playing diligently to attempt to become eligible for this Mission!    It is here though that it may be worth reminding the lower level Farmers that these time-restricted Quests do deliver more XP and Coins than the regular Quests and it is beneficial to perform as many of the Tasks as you can, even if you cannot complete the sequence.

Reward: 1000 Coins, 210 XP

Felicia:  This place is worth visiting.  I hope I can take Grandma and Darryl here some day!

End of Summer 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Back to the theme park, i can see that people here love to eat sweets!  I realise this since I'm seeing dessert shops everywhere I go.  Maybe I should prepare some sweets and sell them at the theme park.  What do you think?

Harvest 12 Cinnamon
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 12 Plates of Churros
  Skip for 12 RC

  Each Churros requires 1 Cinnamon and 1 Soft Dough

Prepare 12 Strawberry Parfaits
  Skip for 12 RC

  Each Strawberry Parfait requires 2 Sour Cream and 2 Strawberry Jam

Reward: 1000 Coins, 210 XP

Felicia:  I hope they will like the sweets from our own recipe!

Special Reward: Special Island Mission Gift Box containing Farm Aids

End of Summer 13
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  We came to the place where they built the theme park.  I'm so impressed at how they did it!  I wish we could do this on our farm someday. Anyway, we still have work to do so let's finish it!

Harvest 8 Cherries
  Skip for 8 RC

Transport 50 Peacock Feathers to Island Farm
  Skip for 25 RC

 N.B.  Obviously you need to have unlocked the Island to be able to use the Zeppelin service.  To save time in transport, divide the Peacock Feathers between more than one Zeppelin.  Transport of 10 Peacock Feathers takes 40 minutes, as an example.  Transport of 50 would take 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Produce 8 Cherry Chocolates
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 220 XP

Felicia:  I cannot wait to tell all these things to Grandma.  Hope she will be proud of me!

End of Summer 14
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  The theme park is now open and a lot of people came to visit.  And yes, as I expected, they love our products and we sold out before noon!  Shall we prepare more and sell it now?

Prepare 12 Summer Brunch Sets
  Skip for 12 RC

  Each Summer Brunch Set requires 1 Asparagus Bagel and 1 Strawberry Parfait.  Note that you will have only 8 of the Asparagus Bagels from an earlier task and need to make 4 more.  
;
Transport 12 Jackfruits to the Island Farm
  Skip for 12 RC

  Again you can divide the transport to make it faster.  Each Jackfruit or indeed any Fruit harvested from a Tree takes 2 minutes to transport.

Sell products worth 50,000 Coins from your Seaside Barn
  Skip for 25 RC

Rewards: 1000 Coins, 220 XP

Felicia: Woohoo!!!  Nothing left... we sold them all!  I hope I can use this money to go somewhere!

End of Summer 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  People love our products and I even got some orders from them already.  Let's go home so we can finish and send out the orders as soon as we can!

N.B.  All three of the tasks are Island Tasks.  You can use Batch Production in advance for the Hats and the Dried Jackfruit as long as you do not click on the finished product until you reach this point!

Complete 4 Helicopter Orders
  Skip for 8 RC

  Each Helicopter Order takes almost 20 minutes to complete. 

Produce 50 Peacock Hats
  Skip for 25 RC

Produce 12 Dried Jackfruits
  Skip for 12 RC

Rewards: 1000 Coins, 230 XP

Felicia:  I'm so happy when people compliment our products.  It makes me want to work harder!

End of Summer 16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Grandma is so proud of me.  She said I care more about our farm now and she can't wait to see our farm become more famous!  I'm so lucky to have you as my partner, Farmer!

N.B.  All three of the following are Island Tasks.  The actual tool required to tend to any Flower in your Garden is random.  I would suggest that players allow 3 Spades and 3 Trimmers to appear above their Flowrs, only tending to those that show other tools until they reach this point in the Quest.

Use Spades in Botanic Garden 3 times
  Skip for 6 RC

Use Trimmers in Botanic Garden 3 times
  Skip for 6 RC

Produce 12 Loaves of Jackfruit Bread
  Skip for 12 RC

Felicia:  Well done!  Now we have more money for our next trip.  We might not be able to travel this time but let's plan for another time!

Reward: 1000 Coins, 230 XP

Special Reward: Candies Stall Decoration for Island Farm

Gallery Registration
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Make certain to register the three items received in this Mission as there is a Collection associated with them.

The Collection is:End of Summer and includes the following:

    Organic Asparagus Bush, High Striker, Candies Stall
    Reward: 5 Medals, 88 Green Mystrons, 1 RC

Register the items individually first:

Organic Asparagus Bush
  3 Medals, 2500 Coins

High Striker
  2 Medals, 10 Green Mystrons

Candies Stall
  5 Medals, 30 Green Mystrons

Other items that are avaiable currently in the Beauty Contest Amusement Park Theme are offered in the special Sale and include:

Bumper Car
  2 Medals, 10 Green Mystrons

Ferris Wheel
  5 Medals, 30 Green Mystrons

Cymbal Banging Monkey
  4 Medals, 15 Green Mystrons
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.