07 September 2015

New Beauty Contest, the 2nd Beauty Contest

A new Beauty Contest began in Seaside today, along with a sale that offers two items with specific Beauty Contest Theme Charm, which this time is 'Amusement Park'.

I am not that keen on the Beauty Contest for one reason and that is the following:  it is virtually impossible to win 1st Place or 2nd Place or 3rd Place unless you are a very important 'Power' Farmer who has hundreds of contacts who will vote for him or her.  Until now, I was able to obtain and register almost every item available.  Only one eluded me and that was the Flamingo Pond, a special sale item that was offered during a period when I had no access to the internet.  Now, however, there are a number of Beauty Contest Decorations I never will receive nor be able to register.  I hope the developers will reconsider this as the current situation will discourage ordinary farms such as myself from continuing to buy every single Decoration offered... what is the point when I never will have 100% completion anyway???

Here I am going to do something I never have done before and request help from my readers.  I do not make any money with this site, unlike many 'bloggers' who place adverts on the site and various 'click' oriented devices that offer financial benefits to the owner of the site.  I do it because I love the game and I always found guides helpful myself.  If any one feels inclined now, please vote for Harvest Moon Farm in this Contest and I will let you know how close I come to winning one of the Trophies at the end of it.  I was saddened by the last contest as I was not able to win even the total number of Rewards on the board, as I did not receive sufficient votes.

I do have two farms.  My primary Farm is Freyashawk's Farm, Harvest Moon, with Farm I.D. AVLIMXC.  I usually have the maximum number of Farm I.D. neighbours but you always can 'friend' me on Facebook to become a neighbour... I will clear out my inactive neighbours again though now to allow new Farm I.D. neighbours.

My second farm is Rosewood.  This is Eugenia Martino's farm and as I began it only fairly recently, much lower in level than Harvest Moon.  No chance at all of winning a Trophy and probably little chance of obtaining the rewards on the board either, but she could use more Farm I.D. neighbours as she has only a hundred.  So her I.D. is FBPUBUU.  Both farms are active, played daily and I do my best to visit Neighbours who visit me on both farms.

Sorry about all that.  Now to the main purpose of the post which is to explain the Beauty Contest to farmers who are not familiar with it.

First of all, you can boost your Charm by placing Decorations on your farm.  After upgrading my Warehouse endlessly to store Decoraitons I did not like and to clear my farm to make it more beautiful and less filled with the cleanable Decorations that did not yield Blue or Gold Boxes, I had to reverse that strategy when the Beauty Contest option was released.  The more Charm you have, the better chance of increasing the Votes given daily by the four Main Characters in the game who are Felicia, Darryl, Dad and Grandma.  Each has a slightly different reason for giving Votes but they do not differ substantially.  Between the four of them, you need as many Farm Expansions as possible, as many Trees, Animals, Machines, as high a Level as possible, as many Charm points as possible, as many Gallery Registration items as possible and finally, as many items connected to the current Theme of the Contest as possible.

This is where the very high Level Farmers and those with the most Neighbours who vote for them daily have an incredible advantage.  Harvest Moon Farm has all the Expansions, and is at Level 82, which is not that high but not low either.  Unfortunately, because of my great love of the Iris Crop no longer available, much of my farm is occupied by Iris Flowers as I never will be able to replant them if I harvest them.  Furthermore, I do not have that many Neighbours who vote for me, sadly enough!  That is why I made an appeal here.  You can make three Votes per day and by doing so, will gain a Gold Treasure Chest.  All your Votes can be given to the same farm or to three different farms.  If you choose the option to Vote for Neighbours rather than random Voting, you can choose Harvest Moon and/or Rosewood.  Between the two, I would prefer Harvest Moon as Rosewood is fairly unlikely to gain sufficient to win the Decoration on the Board even.  Rosewood was unable to win the Backpack in the previous Contest.

The Theme this time is Amusement Park and the following Decorations are connected to the theme:

Ferris Wheel, Rockinghorse, Sheep Rocking Chair, Macaron Road, Welcome Arch, Welcome Sign, Balloon Door, Movie Star, Robovase, Bocca della Verita, Disco Van, Funny Scarecrow, Bottlehead Darryl, Jukebox,  Tyre Swing, Bumper Car and a couple of items that have not been made available yet.  Evidently, there will be another Sale shortly that will offer a special Amusement Park train and a Monkey holding Cymbals.  The next time-restricted Mission entitled End of Summer Special Mission may be the source of the other Decoration which looks like one of those machines that measures Strength.  In any case, you can access this list yourself by going to the Beauty Contest Icon in the Menu and then tapping on the Book Icon at the top in the Theme window.

Rewards are given for Vote point totals (not to be confused with Charm Point totals) as before.  At 100, you receive the first Reward of 5 Purple Mystrons and 500 Coins,  At 2000 Votes, you receive 2 Organic Fertilisers, 1 Watering Can.  At 3000, you receive Super Fertiliser and Super Watering Cans.  You need a total of 4000 Points to obtain the special Decoration Reward.  Finally, if you receive 5500 Votes, you can gain 7 Powers and 1 RC and at 6000 Votes, a special Amusement Park avatar and 3 RC.  Even Harvest Moon Farm was unable to obtain 6000 Votes last time.  I hope my readers will help me this time!

I had thought originally that Charm Point totals were the key but they are NOT.  They help but you really need the Votes as well.  Fortunately, there are the four Main Characters in the game to give you THEIR Votes each day.  Make certain you collect these daily.  I do not know if they reset or simply are combined with the next day's votes if you fail to do so, but I think they may reset, which would be unfortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.