20 September 2019

Darryl's Herbarium Quest and Satchel Collection Mission

Post complete.  If you do not see all tasks and information, refresh the page please.

A new 11 day Quest has been released in tandem with a Collection Mission.  The reward for the Collection Mission is the Aronia Tree, a new premium Tree, producing Chokeberries every 10 hours.

Note from Freyashawk:  This site is available to the general public and I am happy for any one who plays this game to use it.  What is objectionable and unethical, however, is for individuals who manage Facebook Groups to rip the information from my site without giving me credit for my work.  By all means, place a link to this site in your Facebook Group or even copy the information, but please credit Freyashawk when you do.  I spend hours still working on this site to keep it updated.  I am very happy that is is useful, but it makes me very sad when people evidently fail to understand that it would be no. more than common courtesy to credit me for the work I do.  Thanks to Anne, one of my wonderful administrators, for her help with early completion of the lists.

I do very much appreciate the votes in the Beauty Contest from farmers who use this site.  It is becoming increasingly difficult to rank in the top 10, but your votes are very much appreciated still!

Collection Mission
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

70 Yellow Satchels from Rice
50 Blue Satchels from Wheat Flour
30 Red Satchels from Mayonnaise
10 Green Satchels from Jackfruit

Reward: Aronia Tree

Crop List
xxxxxxxx

40 Cane
40 Tomatoes
40 Sweet Potatoes (FDC)
50 Oats
50 Wheat
50 Lavender
50 (FDC) Carrots
50 Pumpkin (AW)
60 Cotton Balls (AW)
60 Barley (Island)

Batch Production List
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

40 Milk (FDC)
40 Sugar
40 Rice Flour (FDC)
40 Ketchup
8 Maple Sugar
50 Duck Eggs
20 Chestnut Flour (Island)
60 Lavender Bouquet (AW)
60 Barley Flour (Island)
8 Dried Jackfruit (Island) (FDC)
60 Cotton Cloth (Island) (AW)
8 Jackfruit Bread (Island) (AW)

Strategy Tips
xxxxxxxxxxx

The Aronia Tree, the Reward for completing the Collection Mission, produces only every 10 hours but remember that Watering Cans and Super Watering Cans always can be used on Seaside Trees.  The only Trees with which they will not interact are the various 'Wood' Trees on the Island.  The Aronia Tree produces Chokeberry.

For lower level players, try always to complete the Collection Mission even if you cannot complete the traditional Quest.  You should be able to find the Quest in the Lighthouse once it expires but you will NOT find the Collection Mission again.  Instead, the Reward item will be placed in the Market with an RC price attached to it.

Set your Monkey Boost to reduce OP.  The amount of OP needed for Batch Production can be enormous.  Reducing it can make it far easier to complete tasks.

You will need the Beef Burrito Recipe for the Stove House for one task.  A Reward for a Collection Mission originally, it now must be purchased from the Market for 9 RC.

For players who wish to complete the Quest quickly:  Do not cast a Net and do not collect all of your Pet Chests.   Tasks include fishing and Chest collection.   Fish 8 times with the Bone Fishhook.  Remember you can 'Miss' a catch or any number of catches deliberately and it will count without causing you to lose any of your 7 default tries.  You need to dig 14 Chests... fortunately the cost of skipping this one is lower than usual, a total of 4 RC if your Pets did their jobs before the Quest began.   You need to tend flowers in Botanic Garden 15 times as well using SPADES only.  Colourful Plumeria is the flower that needs tending most often, I believe.  There is a Botanic Garden Monkey Boost that may be useful at the very end of this Quest for this task alone,  but I still believe the OP Reduction Boost is more useful for the Quest in general.  What you can do is plant as many Colourful Plumeria as possible, if you really care about speed...  I will simply wait it out myself.  Even 1 Colourful Plumeria will allow tending again within a few minutes, so you can achieve the result with a single flower, if your other flowers require different tools and only need tending every few hours.    You do have more than 11 days to complete the Quest sequence.


(Above, a screenshot of a Level 30 Botanic Garden.  You can see that only Spades and Trimmers appear for Level 1 Flowers, but that they can appear randomly for Level 2 and Level 3 Flowers as well.  It is more likely to be given the other Tools for the higher levels of Flower.  Furthermore, the time between tending is far greater, even with Flower Monkey Boost, for the Level 2 and Level 3 Flowers.  The regular Level 1 Friendship Flowers such as Clam and Gallery Book require more time between tool use than the premium Friendship Flowers.)

Darryl's Herbarium 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Greetings, farmer!  So happy to see you again.  Guess what?  I have good and bad news both.  Which would you like to hear first?  Well, the bad news really is not that bad...

Harvest 8 Cinnamon
  Skip for 8 RC

Collect 40 Bottles of Milk
  Skip for 10 RC

Collect 20 Jars of Honey
  Skip for 10 RC

  Strategy Tip:  I keep at least 5 Beehives with three uncollected Honey each in my Warehouse for situations like this.  It saves time!

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Darryl:  I shall begin with the good news.  I am on holiday!  I am so excited by the prospect of having fun every day, all day long!

Darryl's Herbarium 2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  My teacher gave us a lot of homework, however...  I was told to make an Herbarium!  It is a collection of dried leaves and plants that are pressed into a book.  It sounds exciting but my leaves may go everywhere except into the book, according to Felicia!

Harvest 40 Cane
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 Sugar
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 sacks of Rice Flour
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Darryl:  Recently, I spend much of my time searching our farm to find the most beautiful autumn leaves.

Darryl's Herbarium 3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Mum just told me we are going on a family trip to Canada!  That is the country with a maple leaf on its flag!  I daresay I will find plenty of unique leaves for my school project there.

Harvest 40 Tomatoes
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 bottles of Ketchup
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 8 Maple Syrup
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Darryl:  I have heard that autumn is one of the most amazing seasons in Canada.  The changing leaves have extraordinary colours.  I am ready for my adventure!

Darryl's Herbarium 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are going to... Hmm... This city and provence have the same name: Quebec!  Bonjour!  That means 'Hello' in French, or actually 'Good Day!'.  As it is the official language of that province, I should practice a few words.

Harvest 40 Sweet Potatoes
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 8 Maple Sugar
  Skip for 8 RC

Harvest 8 Coconuts
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Darryl:  Time to go!  Felicia is very excited as well.

Special Reward: Mission Gift Box

Darryl's Herbarium 5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  This place is really cool.  It is as though we have travelled back in time.  The Petit Champlain district and the Place Royale are lovely!  When we took the ferry on the St. Lawrence River, we had a fabulous scenic view of the city.

Harvest 50 Oats
  Skip for 12 RC

Collect 50 Duck Eggs
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 8 Coconut Milk
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut and 2 Sugar

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Darryl:  Did I mention the Montmorency Falls outside the city?  These stunning waterfalls are even higher than Niagara Falls and I believe that, when frozen in the winter, they are a spectacular vision!

Darryl's Herbarium 6
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Maple Syrup and Maple Sugar are famous here, but have you heard of Chokeberries?  They are quite delicious.  I fancy a Smoothie, and think it will give me energy for my project... I need to begin to search for some leaves.

Harvest 50 Wheat
  Skip for 12 RC

Harvest 50 Lavender
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 8 Sago Bubbles
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Sweet Potatoes and 2 Wheat Flour

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Darryl:  Mum and Dad suggested a hike in the forest.  I will find all the leaves I need there.

Darryl's Herbarium 7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Half of Quebec's Territory is forest, and the trees are huge!  I can see some lovely leaves... Mum!  Dad!  I am going this way now...  Here comes the intrepid explorer!

Harvest 50 Carrots
  Skip for 12 RC

Place an Aronia Tree on your Farm
  (Reward for Collection Mission)
  Skip for 10 RC?  (Had placed previously, sad to say)

Prepare 8 Chokeberry Smoothies
  Skip for 8 RC
  This is a new Recipe
  Each requires 1 Chokeberry and 2 Honey

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Darryl:  I have some wonderful yellow, orange and brown leaves now.  Many of them are variegated.
How long have I been searching?  Mum and Dad may be worried.

Darryl's Herbarium 8
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Where did they go?  Oh no, I am lost!  Mum!  Dad!  It is growing dark now.  I must have walked further than I realised.

Harvest 50 Pumpkins
  Skip for 12 RC

Harvest 8 Golden Peaches
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 servings of Jackfruit Curry
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Jackfruit and 1 Coconut Milk

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Darryl:  Right, farmer!  I need to stay calm and carry on.  They will find me, but let us find shelter before nightfall!

Special Reward: Panda Pet House Ears

Darryl's Herbarium 9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  I need to remember what my friends taught me from summer camp.  When they camp, they need to use their skills to survive in the wilds.  They had tools and other resources, though... I only have my satchel and some beautiful leaves.

Harvest 60 Cotton Balls
  Skip for 15 RC

Prepare 8 bowls of Sago Pudding
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Sago Bubbles and 1 Coconut Milk

Prepare 8 Golden Peach Sago Pudding
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Golden Peach and 1 Sago Pudding

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Darryl:  I will not be abandoned, nor give up hope.  My family will find me.  I only hope I do not come into contact with a large bear or other wild creature...

Darryl's Herbarium 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Speaking of animals, I see something over there.  Whatever it is, I hope it does not bite me.  It is quite small... wait, is it a bird?  That is a young Snow Goose!

Harvest 20 Chestnuts
  Skip for 10 RC
  This is an Island task, but as it is not a Wood Tree, you can use Watering Cans and Super Watering Cans to hasten harvests

Produce 20 bags of Chestnut Flour
  Skip for 10 RC
  This is an Island Task

Prepare 8 plates of Sweet Jackfruit
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Jackfruit and 1 Maple Syrup

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Darryl:  We were told this was the season of migration for the Snow Goose!

Darryl's Herbarium 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl: As winter approaches, Snow Geese fly from the Arctic tundra to warmer regions in the south of Canada.  Why is this little one here alone?  He should be with the others.  He is trying to fly but I think he may be hurt.

Harvest 60 Barley
  Skip for 15 RC
  This is an Island task

Harvest 8 Gooseberries
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 jars of Gooseberry Confiture
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Gooseberry and 1 Maple Sugar

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Darryl:  Something is wrong with one wing.  Let's help him!

Darryl's Herbarium 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Well, birds of a feather flock together.  I am no bird but we both have a bit of a situation here, being lost together.  Oh... I am so hungry!  I wish I had brought a chokeberry muffin with me at least!

Produce 60 Lavender Bouquets
  Skip for 15 RC

Produce 60 bags of Barley Flour
  Skip for 15 RC
  This is an Island task

Prepare 8 Chokeberry Muffins
  Skip for 8 RC
  This is a new Recipe
  Each requires 1 Chokeberry and 1 Wheat Flour
     40 TC to purchase a Chokeberry but bettet to use Watering Cans on the Tree

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Darryl:  It is almost dark... I wish we had a torch with us!

Special Reward: Island Mission Gift Box

Darryl's Herbarium 13
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  I think I heard something!  What is this sound?  It is like a loud bird but not a single bird... more like a flock!  I think I have spent too much time here alone... I can hear my name being called!  Do birds speak?

Fish 8 times with the Bone Fishhook
  Skip for 8 RC
  As always, you can 'Miss' any catch and it will count towards the task without reducing your default tries.

Produce 8 Dried Jackfruit
  Skip for 8 RC

Use the Loom on the Island to produce 60 Cotton Cloth
  Skip for 15 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Darryl:  Of course not!  That's Felicia's voice...  she found me!  I am here, Felicia!

Darryl's Herbarium 14
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  I am not certain how it all happened... Felicia said every one was very worried.  The park ranger then noticed some agitated birds flying over the forest!  That's quite unusual.  At that moment, Felicia had an intuition.

Process 8 Starfish in the Seafood House
  Skip for 8 RC
  Takes 12 minutes but task counts as soon as item enters slot

Produce 8 loaves of Jackfruit Bread
  Skip for 8 RC

Dig up 14 Chest on the paths
  Skip for 4 RC
  Note that chests opened previously but not collected generally will not count towards this total.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Darryl:  Felicia's instincts led her to follow them deeper into the forest.  Thank God for that!

Darryl's Herbarium 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  The Park Ranger took us to a cabin for the night.  He took care of my injured avian friend so he would be able to go south with his family.  They were so happy to be reunited.  And even stranger things happened the next day!

Prepare 8 Chokeberry Pies
  Skip for 8 RC
  This is a new Recipe.
  Each requires 1 Chokeberry and 1 Rice Flour

Craft 8 Starfish Mirrors
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Lavender Bouquets, 1 Dried Starfish, 1 Glass.  Task takes 4 minutes but counts as soon as item enters slot in Beauty Shop

Prepare 8 bowls of Cendol
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut Milk and 2 Rice Flour

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Darryl:  I found many colourful leaves outside my bedroom window at the cabin.  I could not believe it!  What a wonderful gift ... but from whom?

Darryl's Herbarium 16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl: That was quite a trip... Mum, Dad and Felicia refused to leave my side after the episode in the forest.   The good news is that my teacher was very impressed with my Herbarium, and my friends could not hear enough about my adventures in the forest!

Cook 3 Beef Burritos in the Stove House
  Skip for 10 RC
  This recipe originally was given as the Reward for a Collection Mission, but now must be purchased from the Market.

Ingredients:  5 Cheddar Cheese, 1 Beef Risotto, 1 Crepe, 5 Corn, 6 Power
  Place all ingredients and set timer for 11 seconds.  Tap 'Finish' as soon as Bronze Star activates.  Maximum time is 15 seconds.

Use 15 Spades to help flowers in the Botanic Garden
  Skip for 15 RC

Prepare 8 bowls of Jackfruit Cendol
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Sweet Jackfruit and 1 Cendol

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Darryl:  I will be more careful in future.  Thank you, Farmer for your help and support.  Let us see where our next adventure leads us...

Special Reward: Snow Goose Decoration for Seaside.  Gives a Purple Gift Box and can be stacked on the Ice Base in Position 4.

Collection Set
xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Collection Set consists of the Jackfruit Tree, the new Aronia Tree and the Snow Goose Decoration.  Register all three before the timer expires to receive a bonus in the form of the Gallery Book Friendship Flower as well as the ordinary rewards of 88 Green Mystrons and 1 RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.