08 March 2019

You Go, Girl! Quest and Women's Portraits Collection Mission

(Above, a poster celebrating International Women's Day)

Please refresh page frequently until Quest is complete.  The theme of this 11 day Quest and Collection Mission is International Womens' Day




Collection Mission:

70 Gold from Carrots
50 Black from Champagne
30 Purple from Oat Bread
10 Silver from Pomelo

The reward for the Collection Mission is a Shrimp Cerviche Recipe for the Stove House.

Shrimp Cerviche:
 Ingredients:  2 Pear,5 Carrot, 1 Shrimp Meat, 2 Lemon,
 Requires 5 Power

 Place all ingredients except Lemons and set timer for 30 seconds:   Add Lemons and Tap Finish instantly for Bronze Star dish.  (Note that you could place all ingredients, setting timer for 30 seconds and cook this dish successfully.   The Lemons WILL burn, but the Dish will not fail.)

Crop List
xxxxxxxx
40 Cane
40 Chardonnay Grape
50 Sweet Potatoes
60 Raspberries


Batch Production
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 Apple Jam
40 Wheat Flour
40 Sugar
40 Milk
40 Angora Hair
50 Eggs
8 Maple Sugar
60 Caramel
60 Angora Hair Yarn (Island)

Strategy Tips
xxxxxxxxxxx

If you are in haste, do NOT cast a net as you will be required to fish with a hook as one of the tasks.

This Quest takes enormous amounts of Power, so take your time and make certain that you buy extra Power from the Daily Deals section of the Market every day.

Note from Freyashawk:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After my post about the last Farm Beauty Contest and failure to rank in top 10, I have received an incredible outpowering of Support from players who use this site.  Whatever happens, I want you to know how very grateful I am that you took the time to contact me and for any Votes that you feel able to send to HM. Freyashawk.  I know I have not been at my best lately.  Although the radiotherapy treatments were completed on Friday, I acquired an infection of some kind and it has prevented me from doing a lot of my regular farm tasks, let alone other tasks.

Note about Inactive Neighbours
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The most recent updates have been LARGE and old devices often are unable to support them.  If you play on an older device that does not allow the addition of an external memory card, you may find yourself unable to load your farm at all.  I think this is very unfair, but it is the way the game is being designed now.   Do not be too quick to remove old, faithful neighbours.  They may be trying to find another device or solution for this problem, which is endemic.

The Animal Hospital is cute, but do we really NEED it?  The Order Champion is another unnecessary update that drains our resources and takes space on the servers.  The Community option is HUGE.  At some point, they will expand the Sea Resort again.  I anticipate that will make the game unplayable for at least one tenth of our existing players, many of whom are those who have played longest and worked hardest through the years.  I would beg FunPlus to rethink their goals.  This is a beautiful, charming game that offers many positive activities, but at this point in time, it is on OVERLOAD, not only where our devices are concerned, but our own time, energy and resources.  There are too many new premium items constantly being thrown our way.  There are too many upgrades that require RC.  I always have believed that a player who truly enjoys a game should be willing to invest a little in it.  The Millionaire Cow is an example of a small but worthwhile investment.  When, however, the game loads the initial splashscreens with four or five DIFFERENT groups of premium items, it is too much.

Well, I did not intend a diatribe here, but please be patient if you see regular players have become inactive... give them a chance to find another device before you delete them!

You Go, Girl! Quest
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


You Go, Girl! 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma: Good morning, my dear.  Felicia returned from school today with a bouquet of flowers and a beautiful portrait of Sylvia with Felicia and myself.  Her school gave lovely red roses to all the girls and they made their portraits in art class.

Harvest 40 Cane
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 6 Apples
  Skip for 6 RC

Harvest 6 Coconuts
  Skip for 6 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Grandma:  This Week is the Celebration of International Women's Day, Farmer!

You Go, Girl 2!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

We love the gifts and knowing that International Women's Day exists throughout the world to remind us that women have fundamental human rights!

Collect 20 Honey
  Skip for 10 RC

  (Below, my personal strategy which is to collect Honey in 11 Beehives and then store them until needed for a task like this.)


Produce 6 Jars of Apple Jam
  Skip for 6 RC

Produce 40 Wheat Flour
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Go Girl 3!
xxxxxxxxx

You know,my Mum spent her whole life on the farm since she was born.  Things were different then. Her brother, my uncle,always was able to play outside and help her father with the animals but she never was allowed to participate in their care.

Produce 40 Sugar
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 6 Maple Syrup
  Skip for 6 RC

Harvest 40 Chardonnay Grapes
  Skip for 10 RC

Her tasks included helping her Mum in the kitchen, and cleaning the house.  This, because she was a girl.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Go Girl 4!
xxxxxxxx

Grandma:  My Mother used to tell these stories of how unfair life was. She loved animals, so she asked her father one day if she xould help bake care of the horse.  Her father told her that was a job for men, not for little girls.

Collect 40 Bottles of Milk
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 6 glasses of Apple Jelly
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 2 Maple Syrup and 1 Apple Jam

Produce 40 Angora Hair
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

He said if she wished to take care of any animals, she could feed the chicken in the back garden.

Go Girl 5!
xxxxxxxxx

Ubnfortunately, she doulnt' make her father chance his mind, but when I was born, she made certain that things changed.  She told me I could help the farm in any way I wished. but my father still was a bit more conservative.

Prepare 6 Condensed Milk
Skip for 6RC

Each requires 1 Milk and 1 Sugar

Harvest 6 Lemons
  Skip for 6 RC

Harvest 50 Sweet Potatoes
  Skip for 12 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

The 'Not for Girls!' speech was one that he gave for many decades.  I had to prove to him that his daughter could do as well as much as any male.

Go Girl 6!
xxxxxxxxxx

When I was on holiday, I returned to the farm for the summer. Our village held a tractor race.  I really wished to enter as I was a great driver.

Prepare 6 Milk Cookies
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Condensed Milk and 1 Wheat Flour

Harvest 6 Pears
  Skip for 6 RC

Prepare 6 Coconut Milk
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut and 2 Sugar

Reward: 2500 Coins, 2500 Coins, 180 XP

My father said I was insane, that the tractor was too heavy, big and powerful.  I was the only girl who participated

Go Girl 7!
xxxxxxxxx

The course was difficult, ihcluding mud, sand, puddles,and ecven fire!  It lasted five hours!  Some tractors turned over on the track, but not mine! I completed the route and finished the race in 2nd place!

Produce 50 Eggs
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 8 Carrot Pastries
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 3 Carrots, 1 Soft Dough

Fish 8 times with the Squid Hook
  Skip for 8 RC

  You can miss a catch deliberately to use your 7 default tries and complete this task without being forced either to pay extra or to wait for timetorefresh

I did not make first place, but my father was very proud to see me overcome the extreme conditions on top of the huge trailer!

Go Girl 8!
xxxxxxxx

There was another occasion when I proved I could do anything to my Dad. I'll tell you over lunch.  My friend has just opened her own restaurant in a nearby village.  She is a great chef!  Let's try her Shrimp Cervixhe while we talk.

Cook 3 Shrimp Cerviche
  Reward from Collection Mission

Shrimp Cerviche:
  Ingredients:  2 Pear,5 Carrot, 1 Shrimp Meat, 2 Lemon,
  Requires 5 Power

  Place all ingredients except Lemons and set timer for 30 seconds:   Add Lemons and Tap Finish instantly for Bronze Star dish.


Harvest 8 Eucalyptus Leaves
 Skip for 8 RC

Process 6 Crayfish
 Skip for 6 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Yes, isn't it strange that women have done the cooking at home but it hasn't been seen as a real 'job' ever?

Special Reward: Rustic Farm Table for Darryl's House

Go Girl 9
zzzzzzzzz

So...when my father became ill, I came back to the farm to help take care of the family business.  I had no choice but to learn all the jobs.  It was not difficult to learn how to tend to the animals, take care of the crops or do any of the other tasks really.

Harvest 8 Peaches
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Sago Bubbles
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Sweet Potato and 2 Wheat Flour

Produce 8 Bags of Maple Sugar
 Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

The only issue really was in dealing with other farmers and suppliers who looked down on women!  It was infuriating!

Go Girl 10
xxxxxxxxxx

Once a supplier came to the farm to show me a new fertiliser.  I introduced myself as farm administrator but he still asked to speak to my father instead.  Instead of showxasing the product, you will not believe what he did!

Produce 60 Caramel
 skip for 15 RC

Prepare 8 Cups of Eucalyptus Tea
  Skip for 8 RX
  Each requires1 Eucalyptus Leaf and 3 Honey

Prepare 8 Bowls of Sago Pudding
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Sago Bubbles and 1 Coconut Milk

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

He started to explain my job at the farm to ME, and talking over me.  It made me question my own knowledge and experience.

Go Girl 11

You know, Farmer, ranching and farming have been associated with masculinity in everything from colouring books to adverts for lorries and trucks.  Typically you see male farmers, with women most often appearing as 'the farmer's wife'.

Prepare 8 Batter
  Each requires 2 Wheat Flour and 1 Egg
  Skip for 8 RC

Harvest 60 Raspberries
  Skop for 15 RC

Prepare 8 Bowls of Mango Pomelo Sago
  Each requires 1 Sago Pudding and 1 Pomelo
 Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

After facing and surviving this huge challenge, my father sais he was very proud to have a strong woman like me as his daughter.

Go Girl 12
xxxxxxxxx

When my son was born, I taught him to alsways support the women around him,.  I guess I did a good job, because he found an amazing wife.  Sylvia is another oe of the wonderful women in our family.

Prepare 8 Bags of Cake Flour
  Skip for 8 RC
  Eaxh requires 2 Oat Flour and 2 Rye Flour

Prepare 8 Bowls of Raspberry Puree
  Each requires 2 Eucalyptus Leaf and 3 Raspberries
  Skip for 8 RC

Harvest 8 Mirabelle Plums
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

She always loved the sea as much as she loved studying.  She used to spend a lot of time at sea researching marine biology before she met her husband.

Special Reward: Island Mission Gift Box


Go Girl 13
xxxxxxxxxx

She worked a lot to get into a good university to study Marine Biology.  During College, she got a part time job as a waitress in order to have money to pay for her feees.  It was a tough time but qan excitng one for her, and she was the best in her class always.

Prepare 8 Soft Dough
  Skip for 8 RC
  Eacj requires 1 Cake Flour and 1 Batter

Prepare 8 Medicinal Sets
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Eucalyptus Tea and 1 Raspberry Puree

Produce 60 Angora Hair Yarn
  Skip for 15 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Now she is remembered as one of the best researchers of her day and gives lectures throughout the world.  She even opened her own Animal Hospital.

Go Girl 14
xxxxxxxxx

Felicia makes me very proud as well.  She loves to cook, and is always testing great new dishes.  She would be great working in a kitchen but only if that were her passion.  She may be young, but she makes certain her voice is heard.

Prepare 8 Plates of Peach Cobbler
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Peche au Caramel and 1 Soft Dough

Prepare 6 Bowls of Peche au Caramel
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 2 Caramel Sauce and 1 Peach

Prepare 8 Bowls of Apple Mirablle Compote
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Apple Jelly and 2 Mirabelle Plums

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

She started a campaighn on Farmagram to keep the ocean waters clean, remember?  She can be an activist, as well as scientist and farmer if she wishes!

Go Girl 15
xxxxxxxxx

I do not know if you recall this, but Felicia tried to drive a tractor before!  She xomplained a bit about the steps that were too high, but that brave girl simply went ahead!  I see a lot of myself in her.

Prepare 8 Champagne and White Mulberry Granita
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Champagne and 1 White Mulberry

Harvest 8 White Mulberries
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Mirabelle Plum pastries
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Carrot Pastry and 1 Mirabelle Plum

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

It does not matter to me if Felicia wishes to be a farmer, a tractor racer, a professional chef or a loving mother and housewife.

Go Girl 16
xxxxxxxxx

You know, Farmer, I'm glad that these days it is easier for women to move forward.  I am so proud of the women in my family and wish them all good fortune,  As for Felicia, I cannot wait to see what she will do!

Prepare 8 White Mulberry Peach Tarts
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Peach Cobbler and 1 Champagne and White Mulberry Granita

Prepare 8 White Mulberry Biscotti
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Milk Cookie and 1 White Mulberry

Prepare 8 Mirabelle Plum Pies
  Each requires 1 Apple Mirabelle Compote and 1 Mirabelle Plum Pastry

All women deserve respect and the freedom to choose whatever they wish to be and do!  We are strong, smart and capable!  You go, Girl!

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Special Reward:

Final Reward: Rosie the Riveter Decoration for Seaside

N.B.  When I sold dolls, Rosie the Riveter was one that I sold...




Collection Set:  The Collection Set consists of the Rustic Farm Table the Rosie the Riveter Cat and the Pomelo Tree.  Register all three within the allocated time to obtain a bonus reward in the form of a Clam Friendship Flower as well as 88 Green Mystrons and 1 RC.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.