05 October 2018

Keep Cool and Farm On Quest and Cool Shoes Collection Mission

Note on Saturday, 13 October:  Having a few complications from the surgical procedure I had on Tuesday.  I do not know if they were able to remove all of the cancer or not.  That will require further tests.  Meanwhile, however, I want my dear friends and neighbours to know how much your messages of support and your votes mean to me.  It may be a tenuous connection that exists but somehow I feel that you are showing me that you have been thinking of me, and I am so very grateful.  In the five years I have been playing this game and updating this guide, I really did not expect that so many players would go out of their way to contact me during this ordeal.  Bless you all.  I know I am not the only individual who lives with difficult and terrifying health issues or other disabilities and pain... and I am humbled by the courage and determination of others where their own burdens and health issues are concerned.  I simply want you all to know that every message, every prayer is appreciated.  This is a dark hour for me and I only hope I can meet whatever lies ahead with as much courage as so many of you demonstrate in your lives.

Here is a link to my post that gives details about all aspects of the most recent update.  As of 13 October, this update finally should be live on ALL platforms:

Game Update, Mechology, Zoology Techs, other new options

This is a new 11 day Quest released in tandem with a Collection Mission.  The Reward for completing the Collection Mission is another Stove House Dish in the form of the Cheese Onion Rings Dish.  If you cannot complete the traditional Quest sequence, try at least to complete the Collection Mission as you should be able to access the traditional Quest from the Lighthouse once it expires.  The Collection Missions, on the other hand, are not available once the 11 day period elapses.  The actual Reward then will appear in the Market but you usually will be forced to use RC if you wish to purchase it.

Tip:  One of the tasks requires fishing with a Rod so do not cast a Net until you have completed that task.

For all players:  I usually set my Monkey Boost to decrease the amount of OP used in Batch Production when a quest like this is released.  You can see from the Batch Production List how much OP is needed...  decreasing it with the Monkey Boost can be very useful.

Note from Freyashawk:  Any one is welcome to post a link to my site, but please do not use my work without crediting me for it.   My farm is HM. Freyashawk and if you use my site and find it helpful, please consider voting for my farm in the Farm Beauty Contest.  I do not allow any advertising on this site and never have made any money from it.  I want to help other players enjoy the game, and especially those who have serious medical issues and use it as an escape or form of therapy.

Please be aware that I am undergoing two surgical procedures on 9 October.  I am not certain how difficult the recovery will be, but I appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers of my fellow farmers, dear friends and neighbours.

The following gives details about new Community Techs, Zoology, Mechology Techs and all other new options included in the most recent update to the game:

Update to Game in early October, Community Techs, Zoology and Mechology Techs, etc.

Cool Shoe Collection Mission
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

70 Cool Shoes from White Grapes
50 Blue Cool Shoes from Sugar
30 Yellow Cool Shoes from Wheat Bread
10 Red Cool Shoes from Wild Rose Fruit

Reward: Cheese Onion Rings Recipe (Stove House)

Cheese Onion Ring Recipe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ingredients:  5 Wheat Flour, 5 Rice, 4 Cheddar Cheese, 6 Onions, 5 Power

Place all ingredients in Pot and set timer for 28 seconds.  Tap 'Finish' as soon as Bronze Star activates.

Maximum time is 40 seconds but not necessary.

Crop List:
xxxxxxxx

40 Clover
40 Cane
40 Carrots
40 Wheat
40 Onions
40 Red Roses
40 Corn
40 Fern Flowers
50 Blue Roses
50 Pumpkins
50 Cactus (Island)
50 Garlic (Island)

Batch Production List
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

40 Eggs
40 Rye Flour
40 Wheat Flour
40 Cheddar Cheese
40 Oat Flour
40 Wool
40 Angora Hair
50 Red Rose Bouquets
50 Camel Hair (Island)
60 Camel Yarn (Island)

Keep Cool and Farm On Quest
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Keep Cool and Farm On 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl: Greetings Farmer!  I need to ask you something but you must promise an honour answer.

Harvest 40 Clovers
  Skip for 10 RC

Collect 40 Eggs
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 40 Cane
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Darryl: Do you think I'm cool?

Keep Cool and Farm On 2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl: Don't tell me I am cool simply to console me.  Actually I do know I am not as cool as my friends.  Do you know Dylan has a vlog?

Collect 8 Maple Syrup
  Skip for 8 RC

Produce 40 Sacks of Rye Flour
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 40 Carrots
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Darryl:  That means he is posting videos constantly online about his life.  He has 66 followers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (None of whom could tell you what is going on in the real world or read books for pleasure.... but it's all good fun!)

Keep Cool and Farm On 3
xxxxxxxdxdxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  I thought of starting a vlog myself but my past experiment with the Family Farm TV Channel has made me cautious.  If you remember, it was a bit of a disaster.

Harvest 40 Wheat
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 Wheat Flour
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 40 Onions
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Darryl:  Well, it was great fun but not what my friends would consider cool by any means.  Do you have any ideas for something really cool?

Keep Cool and Farm On 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  George skates and takes awesome selfies!  He posts them on Farmstagram every day with the hashtag of #athlete4life.  Do you think I could do something like that?  I may have a skateboard somewhere...

Produce 40 wheels of Cheddar Cheese
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 sacks of Oat Flour
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 8 Almonds
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Darryl:  yes, I do have protective gear.  I may remove it for the selfies, though.  George tells me only newbs wear that stuff.

Special Reward: Mission Gift Box

Keep Cool and Farm On 5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Board... tick.  Protective gear... tick.  Phone... tick.  Farmer, would you be willing to hold the phone and take a photo when I ask?  I will need both arms to balance on this.

Produce 40 bundles of Wool
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 40 Red Roses
  Skip for 10 RC

Fish 8 times with the Squid Hook
  Skip for 8 RC

As always, you can 'miss' any catch deliberately to give yourself a better total without having to wait.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Darryl:  Did you see how awesome that turn was?  Let's remove the gear and take a really cool photo...

Keep Cool and Farm On 6
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Are you ready, Farmer?  I am going to perform a mind-twisting trick.  Just watch me!  I saw it online the other day and learned how to do it.... Aaaaah!

Harvest 40 Corn
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 40 Fern Flowers
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 12 Coconut Milk
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut and 2 Sugar

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Darryl:  Ouch!  I scraped my knee!  Why did you take a photo of that????  Delete, DELETE!

Keep Cool and Farm On 7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Oh no!  The phone uploaded it to Farmstagram automatically!  I cannot believe it!  Even if I delete it now, every one has seen it... made comments and reposted it... I am a laughingstock!

Cook 3 Cheese Onion Rings
  Skip for 12 RC
  (Reward from Collection Mission)

Ingredients:  5 Wheat Flour, 5 Rice, 4 Cheddar Cheese, 6 Onions, 5 Power
Place all ingredients in Pot and set timer for 28 seconds.  Tap 'Finish' as soon as Bronze Star activates.

Harvest 8 Kumquats
  Skip for 8 RC

Produce 40 Angora Hair
  Skip for 10 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Darryl:  No, Farmer, nothing you can say would make me feel any better about this! Every one is mocking me in their comments.  Wait...

Keep Cool and Farm On 8
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Tina wrote a really sweet comment, saying she hoped I had not been hurt and that it is normal to make mistakes when one is learning a new skill...

Produce 50 Red Rose Bouquets
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 12 Batter
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 2 Wheat Flour and 1 Egg

Harvest 50 Blue Roses
  Skip for 12 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Darryl:  My hope is renewed... perhaps I can be cool, but I think I need a different venue for that.

Special Reward: Bean Bag Chair for Darryl's House

Keep Cool and Farm On 9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl: Back to square one!  Let's eat something before we move forward... I think the coolest food is junk food nowadays.  Let us binge on Cheese Onion Rings!

Harvest 50 Pumpkins
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 12 bags of Cake Flour
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 2 Oat Flour and 2 Rye Flour

Harvest 50 Cactus
  Skip for 12 RC
  This is an Island Crop

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Darryl:  Onion is a vegetable, so we are covered if any one tells us we need to eat healthy food instead!

Keep Cool and Farm On 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  I took a photo of our 'cool food' and uploaded it to Farmstagram, by the way.  People like THIS!  Some one wanted to order it for his birthday party next week!  I am improving on the coolness front and making money for the farm at the same time!

Process 4 Corals in the Seafood House
  Skip for 4 RC

Prepare 12 plates of Egg Custard in Pumpkin
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 2 Pumpkins and 1 Egg

Prepare 12 plates of Coconut Pudding
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut Milk and 3 Corn

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Darryl:  I cannot leave it here, though.  Cooking isn't cool enough for me.  You did most of the work there in any case.

Keep Cool and Farm On 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  It would be very cool to get a tattoo but Grandma would kill me... and I heard that it actually hurts!

Prepare 8 Candied Kumquats
  SKip for 8 RC
  Each requires 3 Maple Syrup and 1 Kumquat

Produce 50 Camel Hair
  Skip for 25 RC
  Island Task

Harvest 6 Red Sandalwood
  Skip for 6 RC
  This is an Island Wood Tree... you can use Weather but not Fertiliser to speed.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Darryl:  I know!  Recycling!  It's very cool and trendy...

Keep Cool and Farm On 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  We need more reusable things on our farm.  Why is Felicia still putting vegetables in plastic bags when she sells them at our market stall?  Does she know they take a thousand years to decompose?  I need to tell her how uncool that is.

Prepare 6 of Shrimp Chillis
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Chili Sauce and 2 Shrimp Meat

Craft 6 White Cord Necklaces
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Angora Hair, 1 Wool, 2 Daisies.  Task takes 6 minutes to complete but is counted as soon as item enters slot in Beauty Shop

Craft 6 Coral Rose Mirrors
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 2 Red Rose Bouquets, 1 Polished Coral Twig, 1 Glass.  Task takes 13 minutes to complete but is counted as soon as item enters slot

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Darryl:  Felicia hates to be called 'uncool'.  She says I can make some paper bags if I wish.  I certainly intend to do precisely that!

Special Reward: Island Mission Gift Box

Keep Cool and Farm On 13
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Here are paper, scissors and glue. How difficult can this be?  While we are doing this, I shall make some paper cups for our coffee.  I can customise them with lovely drawings.

Harvest 50 Garlic
  Skip for 12 RC
  This is an Island Crop

Prepare 8 Wild Rose Marmalade
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Wild Rose Fruit and 2 Sugar

Prepare 3 Bowls of Seafood Chilli
  Skip for 3 RC
  Each requires 1 Shrimp Chilli and 1 Octopus Meat

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Darryl:  I made 50 bags this afternoon... now a photograph for my Farmstagram and we can take them to Felicia's market stall!

Keep Cool and Farm On 14
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Farmer, I think something is amiss.  Why did Tina leave a sad emoji in the comments to my bags photo?  Are they not good enough?  Felicia is coming towards us now and she looks rather cross!

Craft 6 Wooden Panels
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each takes half an hour to complete.  Task not counted until complete

Craft 6 Glass Bottle Necklaces in the Beauty Shop
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Blue Heart, 2 White Cord Necklaces, 1 Glass Bottle.  Takes 35 minutes to complete but task counts as soon as enters slot

Produce 60 Camel Hair Yarn
  Skip for 30 RC
  This is an Island Task

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Darryl:  It's a disaster.  Felicia used a couple of the bags I made and they broke instantly, scattering fruits and vegetables everywhere.

Keep Cool and Farm On 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Perhaps I should practice the art of bag-making before I put them into circulation!  I did a little research and the actual technology of making any farm environmentally conscious is a little complex.

Prepare 10 Thai Dessert Sets
  Skip for 10 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut Pudding and 1 Egg Custard in Pumpkin

Prepare 3 Hot Lemon Octopus
  Skip for 3 RC
  Each requires 1 Seafood Chilli and 1 Lemon

Craft 4 Wrenches in the HArdware Store
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Darryl:  On the bright side, my coffee cups never were made or tested... perhaps I could make some for a prank later!

Keep Cool and Farm On 16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  You know, perhaps I do not wish to be as cool as much as have more in common with my friends.  They all have awesome hobbies!  What would you suggest I try next, Farmer?

Prepare 8 Kumquat Lebkuchen
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Kumquat and 1 Gingerbread

Craft 6 Coral Dressing Tables
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Coral Rose Mirror and 1 Wooden Panel and 1 Power
  This is an Island task

Produce 8 Almond Chocolate
  Skip for 8 RC
  (Need Chocolate Machine)

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Darryl:  I know... I will read some of those vampire books Tina loves so much.  It will give me something to discuss with her... and after all, Hallowe'en is coming soon!  See you then, Farmer!

Final Reward: Plush Chicken Decoration for Seaside Farm

Collection Set
xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Collection Set consists of the Wild Rose Bush, the Bean Bag Chair, and the Plush Chicken.  Register all three before the timer elapses to collect a bonus in the form of a Clam Friendship Flower as well as the usual rewards of 88 Green Mystrons and 1 RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.