27 May 2016

Family Farm Seaside Freyashawk

Some time ago, I started a Family Farm Seaside Support Group on Facebook named Family Farm Seaside Freyashawk.  Freyashawk is the name under which I have written strategy guides for games for many years.  As I was best known for my guides for the Harvest Moon series of games, it was fitting to name my farm Harvest Moon... Later I discovered some one else had named her farm Harvest Moon as well, so I added the initials FDC (Freyashawk de Conde) to my farm name.  My avatar is a photograph of a hawk against a blue sky, taken when a falcon rested temporarily in a tree in the garden.  Amazing really to find falcons in a rather blighted urban area and quite magical.  It is Freyashawk's Facebook avatar and I doubt I ever will change that avatar, either for Facebook or for my farm.

The reason I am writing this post is simply to demonstrate how much difference a group like this can make.  My primary farm is Harvest Moon FDC, as I explained.   I have been playing Family Farm Seaside for almost four years.  During the first year or two, it was a struggle to find active neighbours, to collect materials needed to complete Machines or Quests.

Our Grop is amazing.  Not only do we have over 400 active members now, but they are caring, wonderful individuals who in many cases I feel to be real friends.  Harvest Moon FDC mainly through the support of our Group placed 5th in the last Farm Beauty Contest.  I never would have dreamed my little farm could have placed in the top 100, let alone the top 5 farms worldwide before this group was created.

I do feel that the placement of Harvest Moon FDC in the Farm Beauty Contest is not my own accomplishment at all but a tribute to our wonderful group.  I would like to thank every one for their continuing support, not only for my farm but in every way, helping new players and veterans alike with the game and showing incredible compassion and sympathy to those who need it.

Frankly, the Buddy system has become increasingly important and if you do not have good active Neighbours, you will not be able to find good, active Buddies.  You can find both within our Group.

If you play Family Farm Seaside and are struggling to find good Neighbours or Buddies, please look for our group on Facebook and ask to join it.  I do not think you will be disappointed.  We have a pinned post where all members add their names, their Farm I.D.s and the names of their Farms.  When you join the group, all you have to do is go down that list, adding Farm I.D.s and you should have the maximum number of neighbours without much delay!

Finally, our administrators are wonderful players themselves and very helpful where questions about the game are concerned.  This site remains the primary source for information about the game and all new quests are published here, but if you have any confusion about the game, you can post a question in the group and some one will answer immediately usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.