02 February 2024

Year of the Dragon Quest and Lucky Bags Collection Mission

Note from Freyashawk:   I would like to thank every farmer who voted for my farm in the last Farm Beauty Contest.  Through your efforts, I placed 9th worldwide.  I always felt that ranking in the top 10 makes this site more visible.  It is not a matter of ego for me.  The site is freely visible to any one in the world.  You need not be on Facebook or belong to my Facebook group to access the information.  I akso never hqve allowed advertising on my sites.  I find it intensely annoying myself so would not subject any one else to it.  It is kind of a miracle that players still vote for me to the extent that I have ranked in the top 10, as I also do not delete neighbours or Community members when they do not vote for me.  I also keep inactive neighbours for a long time in the hope that they might return to the game.  One of my buddies actually now has been dead for a year, but she was a friend and I kind of honour her memory a little by keeping her as my 'buddy'.

So I am not a ruthless gamer by any means, although I do know how it is done.  To me, every farmer is a real person and I would like to always be aware of that.

There is a new Farm Besuty Contest that began today.  I really wish they would have given us more time between contests.  The game really has become very demanding.

I always try to post timed Quests.  Do be aware that onve the expire, you will be able to find them in the Lighthouse.  There is only one small advantage to completing them within the 11 day time period.  You will receive a Friendship Flower if you register the three items that are included in the Collection attached to the Quest.  In this case, the items are the Shiitake Planter, the Noodle Machine and the Lion Dance Hamster.  If these are registered after the time expires, you still will receive 88 Green Mystrons and 1 RC.

Special Tasks:  Your pets must dig 15 chests, but there is no fishing task.  You must collect 30 Honey.  I always keep filled beehives in the Warehouse as well as on my farm for these tasks.

Strategy Tips:
You can use the Squid Net Float as the cheapest way to harvest fish in bulk, then sell cheap fish to buy more expensive fish like Salmon instead of having to fish for it.  If you love fishing, that is a different matter.  I find it somewhat vexing now.  Also, you can use the Lab skill for Machines to collect Smoked Salmon from the Smokehouse even when you have no Salmon in the barn.  You can obtain 5 with one use of the Lab tech as well as a random assortment of other useful smoked fish.
Note that the new Base can give you a total of 9 votes per day for theme.  I have published the answers to all the riddles in a separate post.  


Lucky Bags Collection Mission
70 from Corn
50 from Eggs
30 from Black Bean Noodles
10 from Maple Syrup
Reward: Shiitake Planter

Year of the Dragon Quest

1.
Harvest 40 Wheat
Produve 40 Wheat Flour
Harvest 8 Apples

2.
Harvest 40 Chardonnay
Produce 40 Champagne
Harvest 8 Cherries

3.
Harvest 40 Rye
Produce 40 Rye Flour
Prepare 8 Batter

4.
Harvest 40 Tomatoes
Produce 40 Ketchup
Prepare 8 Wonton Wrappers

Reward: Mission Gift Box

5.
Harvest 50 Oat
Produce 50 Oat Flour
Prepare 8 Pasta

6. 
Harvest 50 Rice
Collect 50 Turkeys
Prepare 8 Finger Sandwiches

7.
Harvest 50 Spinach
Collect 15 Taro Leaves
Prepare 8 Chicken Lau Lau

8. 
Harvest 50 Onions
Place Shiitake Planter on your Farm  (You can collect 12 Shiitake instantly)
Peepare 8 Money Bag Dumpling Filling. 
(Each requires 1 Shiitake and 1 Shrimp Meat.  Process Crayfish in Seafood House)

Reward: Dancing Lion Pet House Base

9.
Harvest 60 Sweet Potatoes
Produce 60 Buffalo Milk Cheese
Prepare 8 Spinach Salad

10.
Harvest 60 Potatoes
Collect 30 Honey
Prepare 8 Potato Pancakes

11.
Harvest 60 Flax*
Produce 60 Cheddar Cheese
Prepare 8 Cheese Salads

12.
Have your Pets dig 15 Chests on your Paths (Skip for 5 RC)
Harvest 8 New Year's Wishes
Prepare 8 New Year's Eve Champagne

Reward: Island Mission Gift Box

13.
Produce 60 Linen*
Harvest 8 Oak* (Use Electric Saw to harvest 2 from each Tree)
Prepare 8 Festive Treats

14.
Craft 8 Wooden Cylinders*
Harvest 8 Cedar Wood*
Prepare 8 Lomi Lomi Salmon
(Produce Smoked Salmon in the Smoke House)

15.
Craft 6 Wooden Planks*
Craft 6 Wooden Chairs* (Skip for 6 RC.  Some of us who use Wooden Butterfly Nets need all the Wooden Cylinders we can obtain.  Each Wooden Chair requires 4 Wooden Cylinders and 1 Wooden Plank.)
Prepare 8 Hawaiian Plates

16.
Cook 4 Spinach Lasagna in the Stove House
Tend flowers in Botanical Garden 15 times
Prepare 8 Money Bag Dumplings

Final Reward: Lion Dance Hamster

Addendum:  I do not want this site to be political, but as a new Lunar New Year is close at hand, please think about those who have died or lost everything they held dear and let us try to be compassionate and caring in this world of ours.  

A scholar and a poet who knew he was being targeted wrote a very touching poem a day before he was killed.  I am posting it again now.

Refaat Al-Areer was a scholar, a teacher and a poet. 
  
This is the last poem of Refaat Al Areer, 'If I Must Die'.

'If I must die,
you must live
to tell my story,
to sell my things,
To buy a piece of cloth
and some strings,
(Make it white with a long tail)
so that a child, somewhere in
Gaza
while looking heaven in the eye
awaiting his dad who left in a blaze ---
and bid no one farewell
not even to his flesh
not even to himself---
sees the kite, my kite you made,
flying up above
and thinks for a moment
an angel is there
bringing back love
If I must die
let it bring hope,
let it be a tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.