13 July 2018

Adventure in Laos Quest and Sinhs Collection Mission



A new 11 day Quest has been released in tandem with a Collection Mission.  The traditional Quest sequence is 'Adventure in Laos'.  The Collection Mission gives a Laab Stove House Recipe.

Note from Freyashawk:  If any Facebook Groups wish to post a link to this site, they are welcome to do so, but I would hope that they would not simply copy information from this site without crediting me for it.  To complete these Quests quickly, I use multiple resources including Rainbow Rain and often spend RC to skip a task if I cannot perform it in a timely manner otherwise.  I do this in order to write this strategy guide for other farmers, so they can plan ahead.  Please respect the work I do and at least give me credit.  Many thanks.

I would like to thank the farmers who vote for HM. Freyashawk in the Farm Beauty Contest.  It is inspiring to me to have your support.  I always write a post for farmers about the Contest and how to maximise their farms for Character votes.  Where rank is concerned, however, I rely on YOUR votes.  I always am very grateful to those who are willing to send their votes to HM. Freyashawk.  I always hope that if the farm is able to rank in the top ten, it may direct new players to this guide.  Beyond that, it simply makes me feel that my work here is appreciated.  As you can see, I allow no advertising and the site is open to ALL users whether or not you are registered on Google.  This game has become increasingly complex since I created this site over five years ago... I hope to be able to continue to add the new options as they are released.  I do not allow comments on this site but if you need help with the game, feel free to find familyfarmseaside.blogspot.com on Facebook and send me a message there.

Strategy for new Farmers
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This particular 11 day Quest sequence should be a little easier for lower level Farmers than the last one.  You do need access both to the Island and to the Sea Resort and a few premium Trees, but you do not need another Stove House Recipe apart from the one that is given as a Reward for completing this Collection Mission.  The first half of the Quest gives a piece of furniture for Darryl's House as a special Reward and the second half gives a Purple Box Decoration for the Seaside Farm.

Do try to complete the Collection Mission even if you cannot complete the traditional Quest sequence.  Once the Quest expires, you will be able to purchase the new Stove House Recipe from the Market directly but the cost will be in RC.  If at all possible, complete the Collection Mission and obtain the Recipe without cost!

If you cannot complete all tasks, try to complete sets of four at least.  After the Quest expires, it may appear as a Lighthouse Mission but you activate those in quarters.  If you do not complete an entire quarter, you will be forced to complete all the tasks in that quarter again.  Moreover, the Collection Missions are NOT included in the Lighthouse, so again, another reason to complete that within the 11 day period.

Note that the Clam Friendship Flower is a special timed reward that is given only if you register all three Collection Set items before the timer expires.  It is a 'real' Friendship Flower at Level 1 and when crossbred will produce a Level 2 Flower.  It is a good reward because it is a Friendship Flower that you can place in a neighbour's Botanic Garden without having spent RC and without having been fortunate enough to obtain a Friendship Flower in crossbreeding.  It is one of the easier ways to complete your Botanic Garden Flower Book.  The Friendship Flowers that are purchased for cash in special sales ordinarily do NOT produce Friendship Flowers when crossbred unless the developers have changed the nature of these!  They will give both the host and the owner RC rewards and other Rewards as well and can produce a 'rare' Level 2 Flower like the Super Lily or Jagger Lips, but they do not produce Level 2 Cupcake, Level 2 Lollipop Flowers and so on.

Tip:  Where a timed Quest has a large number of tasks that can use Batch Production, I recommend that you set your Monkey Boost to decrease the amount of OP used for any Animal or Machine.

Sinhs Collection Mission requires:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

70 Green Sinh from Chardonnay
50 Blue Sinh from Buffalo Milk
30 Yellow Sinh from Mayonnaise
10 Red Sinh from Nutmeg

Laab Stove House Recipe:

Ingredients: 1 Beef, 3 Rice, 1 Thai Fish Sauce, 1 Spinach, 5 Power
Place all ingredients and set timer for 25 seconds.  Tap Finish as soon as Bronze Star activates.

Please note:  Anne helped with the following Crop Lists and Batch Production Lists from the Tango version of the game.  I have completed the Quest now myself, however, and have verified all of them.

Crop List
xxxxxxx

40 Pasture
40 Clover
40 Rice
50 Spinach
60 Lilies
40 Red Algae (Sea Resort)

Batch Production List
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

40 Beef
8 Orange Jam
40 Buffalo Milk  (N.B.  This is required for the Collection Mission as well, so make certain you perform this while you still need the Sinhs.)
40 Turkey
40 Wheat Bread
30 Lily Bouquets
50 Wool
60 Ostrich Feathers
4 Smoked Saury
40 Daffodil Sea Urchin Lamps (Sea Resort)
8 Tiramisu
8 Parrot Feathers (Island)
60 Ostrich Hats (Island)

Premium Trees:

Nutmeg Tree (Collection)
Red Pear Tree
Tangerine Tree
Chocolate Tree

Premium Trees can be purchased from the Tree Department of the Market, but you will find them randomly in the Daily Deals section for TC rather than RC and randomly in the Green Mystron Shop.  If you are willing to spend RC, it often is a good strategy to look at the Special Sales Offers for a bundle that combines a Tree you will need for this Mission with a Theme decoration for the Farm Beauty Contest and some RC or Farm Aids.  Ultimately you will need all of the premium Trees in this game.  When a task consists of harvesting the Tree, you cannot buy the product from a neighbour but must have the Tree itself or use even more RC than the Tree would cost to skip the task.

High Level Tips
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Strategy:  If you wish to complete this early, although you do have 11 days, do not let your Pets open all Chests before you reach the task that requires 12 Chests opened.  Do not cast a Net either if you have the Fishing College/Fishery unlocked as you will need to use the Dolphin Hook.

Adventure In Laos Quest
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Adventures in Laos 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Felicia:  Greetings, Farmer.  Sorry I did not notice you sooner.  You see, I am busy packing my suitcase.  I'm going on a trip and you are invited as well.

Harvest 40 Pasture
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 Beef
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 8 Oranges
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Felicia:  I am participating in a cultural exchange trip to Laos.  It is going to be amazing!

Adventure in Laos 2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I am still learning about this country so do not worry if you do not know that much yet.  This is our opportunity to learn!  I bought a few books about the language and culture that I can lend to you if you wish.

Harvest 40 Clover
  Skip for 10 RC

Collect 20 Jars of Honey
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 8 jars of Orange Jam
  Skip for 8 RC

Rewards: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Felicia:  No time to read.  I need a good rest before our flight.  Good night!

Adventure in Laos 3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Are you ready for our flight to Laos?  I know I'm not!  I was going to try to read about local customs and beliefs at least, but I fell asleep.  I hope I will not embarrass myself!

Harvest 8 Coconuts
  Skip for 8 RC

Produce 40 Bottles of Buffalo Milk
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 8 Coconut Milk
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut and 2 Sugar

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Felicia:  Our itinerary looks impressive.  Laos is very diverse, both geographically and culturally.  We are bound to see some amazing views.

Adventure in Laos 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  We first are going to visit the Plain of Jars.  Legend claims that the jars were made by Giants who once inhabited this place.

Harvest 40 Rice
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 8 Sticky Rice
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Rice and 1 Coconut Milk

Dig 12 Chests on the Paths
  Skip for 4 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Felicia:  We spent hours hiking on the plateau and the view was breathtaking!

Special Reward: Mission Gift Box

Adventure in Laos 5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  It has been a long day.  I am exhausted and my feet are killing me!  I'm afraid I had to remove my hiking shoes while we were on the bus to air them a bit.

Produce 40 Turkeys
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 Loaves of Wheat Bread
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 3 bottles of Thai Fish Sauce
  Skip for 3 RC

  Each requires 2 Salt and 1 Tilapia

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 RC

Felicia:  Hmm, the locals are staring at us and they look uncomfortable.  I wonder why!

Adventure in Laos 6
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I looked for an answer in my guide.  Feet are considered impure in Laos and it is rude to allow the public to see them.  I didn't know that!

Fish with the Dolphin Style Hook 8 times
  Skip for 8 RC
  Note that you can 'Miss' a catch to stretch your default 7 casts to 8.

Process 3 Giant Tiger Prawns in the Seafood House
  Skip for 3 RC
  N.B.  This task requires that you process them but you needn't have caught them.  You can trade other fish in the Fish Market if need be to use Shells to buy the Giant Tiger Prawn.  It takes 20 minutes to process 1 Giant Tiger Prawn but the task counts as soon as the item enters the slot.

Prepare 6 Delicate Fish Cookies
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 4 Gulfweed and 1 Giant Tiger Prawn
  Note that the ingredient is the raw Giant Tiger Prawn, not the ones you are processing!

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Felicia:  I asked my friends to remove their bare feet from the bus seats in front of them but they laughed and told me to chill...

Adventure in Laos 7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia: I think I was right to be sensitive to local beliefs frankly!  We arrived at our next stop, a beautiful golden temple, exquisitely decorated.  I can't wait to explore it!

Harvest 50 Spinach
  Skip for 12 RC

Cook 3 Laab in the Stove House
  Reward from the Collection Mission
  Skip for 12 RC

Ingredients: 1 Beef, 3 Rice, 1 Thai Fish Sauce, 1 Spinach, 5 Power
Place all ingredients and set timer for 25 seconds.  Tap Finish as soon as Bronze Star activates.

Prepare 8 dishes of Spinach Quiche
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Spinach and 1 Nutmeg

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Felicia:  Visitors should cover their knees and shoulders before entering the temple.  I am glad I bought this sinh.

Adventures in Laos 8
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  A Sinh is a traditional Laos skirt or outfit.  I bought mine at a street market yesterday.  Let me try it on now.  What do you think, Farmer?  Are the girls laughing at me?  Why?

Harvest 8 Red Pears
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Honey Red Pear Smoothies
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 3 Honey and 1 Red Pear

Prepare 8 Rice Krispies
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Rice and 2 Mayonnaise

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Felicia:  Sadly, the girls here prefer mini skirts and shorts!  Ha ha.  They actually mocked me and said I was unfashionable!

Special Reward: Fancy White Tea Table for Darryl's House, takes 3 minutes to register in Gallery

Adventures in Laos 9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I really wanted to enjoy this trip but my friends are bringing me down.  They even refuse to walk with me... I guess I will go sightseeing without them.

Harvest 60 Lilies
  Skip for 15 RC

Produce 30 Lily Bouquets
  Skip for 15 RC

Prepare 6 Blueberry Krispy Bars
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Rice Krispies and 2 Blueberry Jam

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Felicia:  Fortunately, I have my guide and camera with me... and you, dear Farmer!  I can take some great photographs and we can have fun.

Adventures in Laos 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  As I was exploring, I noticed a group of monks in orange robes.  Their clothing looked so bright against the background of white walls and blue skies.  A perfect photograph I thought!

Produce 50 bundles of Wool
  Skip for 12 RC

Harvest 8 Oak Wood
  Skip for 8 RC

Produce 8 Wooden Cylinders in the Sawmill
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Felicia:  One more photo please... frame not quite right!  Wait, what is that noise?

Adventure in Laos 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia: My friends found the monks.  They began to giggle and crowd round them.  Some of them took out their smartphones and took selfies... they even hugged the monks!

Produce 60 Ostrich Feathers
  Skip for 15 RC

Craft 6 Wooden Aroma Bottles
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 2 Wool Yarn and 1 Cedar Wood and 1 Power in Island Workshop

Craft 6 Lily Aroma Bottles
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Wooden Aroma Bottle, 1 Lily Essential Oil and 1 Distilled Water, taking 8 minutes to complete, but task counts as soon as item enters Beauty Shop slot.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Felicia:  You are absolutely correct, Farmer! It is rude and unseemly to touch the monks or pose for selfies without their permission!

Adventure in Laos 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  They ruined my photo as well.  I am ready to cry... and that made them laugh harder!

Harvest 6 Chocolates
  Skip for 6 RC

Prepare 6 Turron
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 3 Rice and 1 Chocolate

Prepare 6 Chocolate Dream Bars
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Blueberry Krispy Bar and 2 Chocolates

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Felicia:  The nightmare appeared to go on forever, but finally a security guard appeared to tell every one to leave.

Special Reward: Island Mission Gift Box

Adventure in Laos 13
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  So that is the end of my great Laos adventure.  I could not hold back my tears as we were guided towards the exit.  Then some one began to call me and tapping my shoulder!

Harvest 40 Red Algae
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 4 pieces of Smoked Saury in the Smokehouse
  Skip for 4 RC

  N.B.  You can use Goldfinger if you do not have any Saury but you also can purchase Saury with Shells from the Fish Market if needed

Prepare 8 Vegetable Rolls
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 3 Wheat Flour and 3 Spinach

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Felicia:  It was a kind woman wearing a sinh much like mine.  What does she want?

Adventure in Laos 14
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  She told me she witnessed the entire incident and knew I was not to blame.  In fact, she was impressed with my interest in Laos culture.  She introduced herself as the Head of the local Ethnology Museum.

Prepare 8 dishes of Fried and Stewed Saury
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Smoked Saury and 4 Red Bell Pepper

Produce 40 Daffodil Lamps
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 8 Tiramisu
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Felicia:  She invited me to visit her museum, to see the real culture of Laos.

Adventure in Laos 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  She told me all about the minorities in Laos, as well as all of the arts and crafts.  She taught me how to weave my own sinh and make traditional dishes.  She was absolutely wonderful and I had a great time!

Harvest 8 Tangerines
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Tangerine Chocolates
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Tangerine and 2 Chocolates

Prepare 8 Tangerine Pies
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Tangerine and 1 Soft Dough

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Felicia:  afterwards, she told me I would be welcome always at the museum.  I can volunteer to work there if I wish as well!

Adventure in Laos 16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As for my former friends, I heard that they spent the rest of the trip in their hotel rooms.  No one wished to be a tour guide for them and they had no idea where to go!

Produce 8 Parrot Feathers
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Tangerine Snack Sets
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Tangerine Chocolate and 1 Tangerine Pie

Produce 60 Ostrich Hats
  Skip for 15 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Felicia: I hope they will respect other cultures in the future.  See you next trip!

Special Reward: Elephant Doll Decoration for Seaside

Collection Set
xxxxxxxxxxx

This Collection Set consists of the Nutmeg Tree, the Fancy White Tea Table (Darryl's House) and the Elephant Doll Decoration.  Register all three before the time expires to claim a Clam Friendship Flower as well as the usual Rewards of 88 Green Mystrons and 1 RC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.