15 June 2018

Father's Day Quest and Beach Shovels Collection Mission

A new 11 day Quest has been released in tandem with a Collection Mission.  The reward for completing the Collection Mission is a Beetroot Garden, a 'Collectable.  This is the first time we receive a new sort of special Reward after we complete the first half of the traditional Quest sequence in the form of an item of furniture for Darryl's House instead of a new Pet House item.  The 'Trash Can' is placed in Darryl's House and can be registered.

Note:  There are three separate dishes that require Beetroot rather than the situation where you can use the two earlier dishes you prepared for the third.  Each requires Beetroot which must be purchased for 30 TC each if your Beetroot Garden has not produced sufficient.  Of course, most farmers have over 11 days to complete the Quest... unlike me!

From Freyashawk:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you use my site and find it helpful, please consider voting for my farm, HM. Freyashawk in the Farm Beauty Contest.  I try to complete posts for any Quests like these as quickly as possible.  I therefore often spend RC to speed tasks so that farmers can take their time with foreknowledge of what lies ahead of them.  I make absolutely no money with the site or my Facebook groups as I never allow any adverts on my sites.  It is a labour of love and if you appreciate it, I am happy but placing high in the Farm Beauty Contests is an added incentive to continue as well as potentially directing new farmers to my site.

The link to my post about the Little Mermaid Farm Beauty Contest giving all the rules and the value of Theme items and so on is here:

Little Mermaid Farm Beauty Contest

Second:  Any one with a Facebook group for this game is welcome to use a link to my site, but please do credit me for my work.  It is dishonest not to do so.    Every post represents hours of work for me.

Third: I would like to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful administrator, Anne for all of her help in my Family Farm Seaside Freyashawk primary and Chat groups.

Collection Mission requires:

70 Blue Shovels from Cane
50 Yellow Shovels from Turkey
30 Orange Shovels from Oat Bread
10 Green Shovels from Rosemary Bush

Reward:  Beetroot Garden (Collectable)

Crop List:
xxxxxxxx

40 Corn
40 Tomatoes
40 Spinach
50 Mushrooms
50 Beans
30 Lily Pads (Sea Resort)

Batch Production List
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

40 Eggs
40 Milk
40 Sugar
40 Ketchup
40 Buffalo Milk
40 Rye Flour
30 Cherry Jam
50 Mohair (Island)
50 Mohair Yarn (Island)
8 Mango Juice
60 Wool (can use Maroon Sheep or regular Sheep)
60 Wool Cloth (Island)
60 Daffodil Lamps (Sea Resort)

Premium Items Needed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These include:

Rosemary Bush
Red Currant Tree
Mango Tree

N.B.  You will need the Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe to complete the Quest.

Tip:  Do NOT cast a Net until you have completed the task that requires fishing with a Dolphin Hook if you wish to complete Quest as quickly as possible and do NOT tend your Flowers in the Botanic Garden until you reach the task that requires it.

Father's Day 1
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dad: Hello, my friend!  It has been awhile.  How are you doing?  We are in the middle of harvest season now, so we could use an extra pair of hands!  Roll up your sleeves and join us!

Harvest 40 Corn
  Skip for 10 RC

Collect 40 Eggs
  Skip for 10 RC

Harvest 8 Lemons
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Dad: Summer on the farm is no joke!

Father's Day 2
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad: Working together always makes it easier!  Nothing two hard-working farmers cannot do, right?  Having said that... have you ever spread horse manure on a field before?

Collect 40 Bottles of Milk
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 Sugar
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 10 plates of Custard
  Skip for 10 RC
  Each requires 3 Milk and 2 Eggs

Reward: 2500 Coins, 160 XP

Dad:  Hehe, just kidding!

Father's Day 3
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dad: Felicia says I tell typical Dad jokes, but she laughs at them anyway, so I guess they aren't that bad, hehe.  Do you know any jokes?

Harvest 40 Tomatoes
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 bottles of Ketchup
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 8 Roast Turkeys
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Turkey and 1 Ketchup

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Dad:  I will let you think about it while I fetch some tools from the shed... be back soon!

Father's Day 4
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  Look what I found in the shed!  It appears to be a map of some sort... rather clumsily drawn.  It has a letter with it.  Hmm... I know this handwriting...

Harvest 8 Coconuts
  Skip for 8 RC

Produce 40 bottles of Buffalo Milk
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 12 Coconut Milk
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 1 Coconut and 2 Sugar

Reward: 2500 Coins, 170 XP

Dad: Dear Da... Strikethrough... Dear Jerry!

Special Reward: Mission Gift Box

Father's Day 5
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad: It states: 'Follow these instructions to find the next map fragment and find the way to an awesome pirate treasure!  Important: bring stacks!

Harvest 40 Spinach
  Skip for 10 RC

Produce 40 sacks of Rye Flour
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 8 plates of Spinach Salad
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Spinach and 2 Onions

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Dad:  Hmm, sounds very familiar!  Could be fun!

Father's Day 6
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  I really need to take a break from work in any case, so let us go on this treasure hunt.  I can't wait to see what the awesome pirate treasure will be.  First instruction: 'Get some beach towels!'

Produce 30 jars of Cherry Jam
  Skip for 2 RC

Fish with the Dolphin Hook 8 times
  Skip for 8 RC

  N.B.  Miss one catch deliberately to give yourself 8 tries without being forced to wait or pay for more casts.

Prepare 8 bowls of Pasta
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Cake Flour and 1 Ketchup

Reward: 2500 Coins, 180 XP

Dad:  Okay, we have the towels!  What is next?

Father's Day 7
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  'Go to the Orchard to harvest some fruit!  (Bring it as well!) . You will find the next clue beneath an Orange Tree.'

Place a Beetroot Garden on your farm
  (Reward from the Collection Mission)
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 8 Roasted Turkeys with Rosemary
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Roast Turkey and 1 Rosemary

Prepare 8 plates of Pasta Salad
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Spinach Salad and 1 Pasta

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Dad:  While we are at it, let's make a drink for ourselves.

Father's Day 8
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  The clue I found in the Orchard is a picture... What do you think it is?  Does the drawing look like a portrait of Grandma Blair at all?  Let's ask her if she knows anything about this.

Harvest 8 Red Currants
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Red Currant Coulis
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Red Currants and 2 Sugar

Prepare 8 plates of Red Currant Creme Brulee
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Custard and 1 Red Currant Coulis

Reward: 2500 Coins, 190 XP

Dad:  Grandma Blair simply smiled mysteriously and gave me a big pie.  I expect I need to take that with me now, right?

Special Reward: Trash Can (option to Use from Gift Box)   This is a new piece of furniture for Darryl's House.  Thus, it can be registered.

Father's Day 9
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad: Wait... there is something hidden in the pie.  It is the next map fragment with a big X marked on the Island Beach.  I bet this is where we shall find the pirate treasure.  Shall we go?

Harvest 50 Mushrooms
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 8 plates of Mushroom Salad
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Mushrooms and 1 Cheese Salad

Harvest 8 Cedar Wood
  Skip for 4 RC  (This is an Island task)
  N.B.  This is an Island 'Wood' Tree.  You cannot use Watering Cans to speed growth but you can use any kind of Weather (Rain, Thunder and so on)

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Dad:  Ready to go?!

Father's Day 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  As we are on the Island now, I'd like to take a look at the Dehydrator.  Darryl told me it was making a weird sound yesterday.  Good thing I always have my tools with me!

Collect 50 Mohair
  Skip for 12 RC
  This is an Island task.

Prepare 8 Pickled Beetroots
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Beetroot and 1 White Vinegar
  You can purchase 1 Beetroot for 30 TC if your Beetroot Garden has not produced yet.

Prepare 8 plates of Homemade Turkey and Pasta
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Turkey with Rosemary and 1 Homemade Pasta

Reward: 2500 Coins, 200 XP

Dad:  I fixed the Dehydrator!  Let's go to the Beach!

Father's Day 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  I think we have found it, Farmer!  I see the big 'X' that marks the spot.  The pirates were thoughtful enough to leave us a couple of spades as well so we can dig!  How very nice of them!

Harvest 50 Beans
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 8 dishes of Beet Hummus
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Beetroot and 1 Bean

Produce 50 Mohair Yarn
  Skip for 12 RC
  This is an Island task.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Dad:  My spade hit something.  It's a box!

Father's Day 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad: It is an old biscuit tin with a letter inside it.  Same familiar handwriting.  'Congratulations!  You almost are there.  Now go to the dock!'

Harvest 8 Mangoes
  Skip for 8 RC

Produce 8 glasses of Mango Juice
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Tropical Fruit Muffins
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Light Muffin and 1 Mango Juice

Reward: 2500 Coins, 210 XP

Dad: My old boat is moored at the dock.  Perhaps the treasure is there!

Special Reward: Island Mission Gift Box

Father's Day 13
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  'Knock-knock!'  Any one there?  Ah, both Felicia and Darryl are on the boat.  They leapt out and cried, 'SURPRISE!  Happy Father's Day!'  I have found the real treasure, my lovely children!'

Produce 60 bundles of Wool
  Skip for 15 RC
  N.B.  For once, the Maroon Sheep counts!

Prepare 8 dishes of Sweet Mango
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Mango and 2 Honey Syrup

Prepare 8 Sticky Rice
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Rice and 1 Coconut Milk

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Dad:  My wonderful wife and children prepared a splendid feast for me!

Father's Day 14
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  I had forgotten it was Father's Day.  I am so lucky to be their Dad.  Here you go, Darryl... I brought you the snacks you requested!

Harvest 8 Almonds
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 plates of Beetroot Noodles
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Beetroot and 1 Almond

Produce 60 Wool Cloth
  Skip for 15 RC
  This is an Island Task

Reward: 2500 Coins, 220 XP

Dad:  What an amazing surprise!  We will spend the day now on the boat!

Father's Day 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  Sometimes when we are too busy with work, we can forget or ignore what is truly important in our lives... It's good to take a step back to appreciate all that we have!

Use 3 Spades to help flowers in the Botanic Garden
  Skip for 6 RC

Craft 2 Wooden Chairs
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 4 Wooden Cylinders and 1 Wooden Plank and 1 Power
  This is an Island task

Prepare 8 plates of Mango with Sticky Rice
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Sticky Rice and 1 Sweet Mango (you should have both from earlier tasks in this quest sequence)

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Dad:  The most precious moments in life are those spent with those we love and cherish.

Father's Day 16
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad: This was a truly great afternoon filled with love and laughter and lots of fabulous homemade food!  I could not have wished for a better Father's Day.  Thank you for sharing it with me.

Cook 3 Grilled Lemon Chicken in the Stove House
  Skip for 9 RC

  Here is the Recipe:
  Bronze Star Recipe
  Ingredients:  3 Turkeys, 2 Asparagus, 2 Lemon, 4 Power
  Place all ingredients and set timer for 10 seconds.  Tap 'Finish' as soon as the Bronze Star activates.

Harvest 30 Lily Pads
  Skip for 10 RC
  This is a Sea Resort task.

Produce 60 Daffodil Lamps
  Skip for 15 RC
  This is a Sea Resort Task.

Reward: 2500 Coins, 230 XP

Dad:  I hope you had a good time with us.  See you soon!

Special Reward: Plant in a Bowl Decoration for Seaside Farm

Collection Set:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

The Collection Set consists of all three of the items obtained as Rewards in this Quest: the Beetroot Garden, the Trash Can and the Plant in a Bowl Decoration.  Register it before the timer expires to receive an added Reward in the form of a Clam Friendship Flower as well as the usual 88 Green Mystrons and 1 RC.

Sea Base
xxxxxxx

If you have not collected your new Sea Base from one of Felicia's Messages, you need to do it soon.  The first and second materials for the Base no longer are available but the third should be active now.  It is the Pink Coral and will be found randomly when your Pets open Chests on the paths of your Farm.  You need a total of 20 Pink Coral.

A Note about Fathers and Father's Day
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My own father died when I was 13 years old  people but I know that Father's Day is a day of celebration for many.  I am including one poem by a man and another by a woman: Robert Burns and Anne Bradstreet.   Here is a poem by Robbie Burns about his father:

My Father was a Farmer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

by Robert Burns

My father was a farmer upon the Carrick border, O,
And carefully he bred me in decency and order, O;
He bade me act a manly part, though I had ne'er a farthing, O;
For without an honest manly heart, no man was worth regarding, O.

Then out into the world my course I did determine, O;
Tho' to be rich was not my wish, yet to be great was charming, O;
My talents they were not the worst, nor yet my education, O:
Resolv'd was I at least to try to mend my situation, O.

In many a way, and vain essay, I courted Fortune's favour, O;
Some cause unseen still stept between, to frustrate each endeavour, O;
Sometimes by foes I was o'erpower'd, sometimes by friends forsaken, O;
And when my hope was at the top, I still was worst mistaken, O.

Then sore harass'd and tir'd at last, with Fortune's vain delusion, O,
I dropt my schemes, like idle dreams, and came to this conclusion, O;
The past was bad, and the future hid, its good or ill untried, O;
But the present hour was in my pow'r, and so I would enjoy it, O.

No help, nor hope, nor view had I, nor person to befriend me, O;
So I must toil, and sweat, and moil, and labour to sustain me, O;
To plough and sow, to reap and mow, my father bred me early, O;
For one, he said, to labour bred, was a match for Fortune fairly, O.

Thus all obscure, unknown, and poor, thro' life I'm doom'd to wander, O,
Till down my weary bones I lay in everlasting slumber, O:
No view nor care, but shun whate'er might breed me pain or sorrow, O;
I live to-day as well's I may, regardless of to-morrow, O.

But cheerful still, I am as well as a monarch in his palace, O,
Tho' Fortune's frown still hunts me down, with all her wonted malice, O:
I make indeed my daily bread, but ne'er can make it farther, O:
But as daily bread is all I need, I do not much regard her, O.

When sometimes by my labour, I earn a little money, O,
Some unforeseen misfortune comes gen'rally upon me, O;
Mischance, mistake, or by neglect, or my goodnatur'd folly, O:
But come what will, I've sworn it still, I'll ne'er be melancholy, O.

All you who follow wealth and power with unremitting ardour, O,
The more in this you look for bliss, you leave your view the farther, O:
Had you the wealth Potosi boasts, or nations to adore you, O,
A cheerful honest-hearted clown I will prefer before you, O.

To Her Father with Some Verses
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

by Anne Bradstreet

Most truly honoured, and as truly dear,
If worth in me or ought I do appear,
Who can of right better demand the same
Than may your worthy self from whom it came?
The principal might yield a greater sum,
Yet handled ill, amounts but to this crumb;
My stock's so small I know not how to pay,
My bond remains in force unto this day;
Yet for part payment take this simple mite,
Where nothing's to be had, kings loose their right.
Such is my debt I may not say forgive,
But as I can, I'll pay it while I live;
Such is my bond, none can discharge but I,
Yet paying is not paid until I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.