31 December 2015

Happy New Year Time-Restricted Quest and Memory Jar Collections Mission

The New Year traditionally is a time of endings and new beginnings.  In many cultures, this is defined by rituals of purification (sweeping the house and sending dirt and dust out the door), special foods and objects that represent prosperity (lentils are mentioned in the course of the traditional Quest sequence as a symbol of wealth as they look like coins) and 'resolutions' or promises of future behaviour.  The 'Memory Jars' in the Collections Mission represents the 'New Year Resolution' concept.  This particular Quest is interesting because it involves all four Characters, one after the other.


Wishing all farmers a very Happy New Year!  May you enjoy good health, prosperity and joy throughout the coming year!  Thanks to your support and votes, Harvest Moon FDC ranked ninth globally in the last Farm Beauty Contest and I actually received one of the Trophies.  A temporary Trophy but even so, quite a thrill... so grateful to you for your Votes and hope you will consider voting for me in the next Contest as well.

A new time-restricted Quest has been released on New Year's Eve.  Odd timing, but in any case, it combines the usual Collections Mission with a traditional Quest sequence.

Memory Jar Collections Mission

Collect 70 Green Memory Jars from Green Beans
Collect 50 Yellow Memory Jars from Turkeys
Collect 30 Pink Memory Jars from Love Cakes
Collect 10 Blue Memory Jars from Juniper Bush

Reward: Lentil Bush

The Lentil Bush is a 'Collectable' which means one cannot buy it in the Market at this point.  It produces a random number of Lentils every 3 hours.  You will need to place the Lentil Bush as a task in Happy New Year 9 as well as making a Cooked Dish that requires a total of 12 Lentils.  You can use RC to skip these tasks of course.

Happy New Year Quest
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy New Year 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma:  To wrap up this year nicely and kick start the next, I decided to find the perfect dishes for New Year's Eve.  But as usual, I will need your help!  Of course, in return there will be a seat for you at our table.  Deal?

Harvest 40 Red Roses
  Skip for 20 RC

Produce 40 Oat Flour
  Skip for 20 RC

Harvest 8 Apples
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 160 XP

Grandma:  I also asked Felicia, Darryl and their father (my son) to help out so we will go through the preparation all together as a big family!

Happy New Year 2
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma:  This New Year's Eve feast is going to be all about good fortune, joy and caring.  I've heard that round fruits are a must for a New Year's Eve's feast!  Did you know that?

Harvest 40 Grapes
  Skip for 20 RC

Prepare 8 Candied Apples
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Apples and 1 Maple Syrup

Harvest 8 Oranges
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 160 XP

Grandma:  Yes, they said that round food symbolised peace and harmony, which is why we should have them on our first day of the year!

Happy New Year 3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma:  What have I prepared to start the new year?  I gave a special task to my son and grandchildren.  They will write their resolutions and put them in a jar!

Harvest 40 Rice
  Skip for 20 RC

Collect 40 Eggs
  Skip for 20 RC

Ask 20 Resolutions from Neighbours
  Skip for 20 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 170 XP

Grandma:  Will they be able to complete the tasks I've assigned?

Happy New Year 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma:  I know they are all grown up, but they are still my sweet cutie pies.  I don't want to be too harsh on them.  Maybe I can help them by secretly collecting more ingredients... Are you with me?

Harvest 40 Chardonnay
  Skip for 20 RC

Produce 40 Beef
  Skip for 20 RC

Prepare 12 Soft Dough
  Skip for 12 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 170 XP

Grandma:  I really hope they're going to put thought into what I've asked them to do.

Special Mission Gift Box containing Farm Aids

Happy New Year 5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Felicia with her healthy ideas kinda made me think about my diet.  Maybe I can put this in the resolution jar:  have a healthy diet... But before starting let's eat a few more candies.  After all, the new year hasn't started yet!

Harvest 8 Peaches
  Skip for 8 RC

Produce 50 Sugar
  Skip for 12 RC

Produce 8 Peach Candy
  Skip for 8 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 180 XP

Darryl:  Ohh, bananas!  The note is in the jar.  What am I gonna do without candy?  HOpe i can still eat it from time to time!

Happy New Year 5
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  If I can't eat candy or cak, I'd better start finding other options.  I've heard rice cakes are delicious.  My friend said his family eats them on every New Year's Eve feast!  It's traditional, so Grandma will fall for this idea!

Harvest 50 Carots
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 12 Rice Cakes in the kitchen
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 2 Milk and 3 Rice

Fish 6 Crayfish
  Skip for 6 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 190 XP

Darryl:  Not as sweet, but still delicious!

Happy New Year 7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Ouch... My teeth hurt!  Now what should I do?  I can't tell Grandma that I ate too much candy... Help!!  Do you think that brushing my teeth will help the pain go away?

Process 6 Crayfish
  Skip for 6 RC

Prepare 12 Stir-fry Veggies
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 2 Carrots and 5 Cucumbers

Feet the Sheep 40 times
  Skip for 10 RC
  WARNING:  Do not use Maroon Sheep as it will not count towards this task at all.

Reward: 1000 Coins, 190 XP

Darryl:  Aww, I should add this on my resolution as well: Brush my teeth every day.  This way I will avoid going to the dentist!

Happy New Year 8
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darryl:  Maybe Felicia is right to call me a troublemaker.  I got into mischief yet again.  But every time I make a mistake, Grandma is there to help.  I should probably pay more attention to what Grandma says...

Produce 50 Turkey Sausages
  Skip for 12 RC

Harvest 50 Cabbages
  Skip for 12 RC

Prepare 12 Juniper Sausage
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 1 Beef Salami and 1 Juniper

Reward: 1000 Coins, 190 XP

Darryl:  This resolution is for Grandma:  less harming, more farming!

Special Reward: Tooth Potting Decoration for original Seaside Farm

N.B.  The second half of the Quest sequence will include Island Tasks.

Happy New Year 9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Oh gosh!  Lentils are so popular and highly suggested by many nutritionists.  Plust they are used in many New Year's Eve dishes as they resemble coins.  It's a common belief that by eating them you will have a rich year ahead!

Place a Lentil Bush on your Farm
  Reward from Collections Mission
  Skip for 10 RC

Prepare 6 Sliced Sausages
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 2 Beef Salami and 1 Turkey Sausage

Prepare 6 Lentil Stew
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Sliced Sausages and 2 Lentils

Reward: 1000 Coins, 200 XP

Felicia:  What should I write for my resolution?  Let's check what Darryl wrote...

Happy New Year 10
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia: Aww, so cute... Darryl listened to what I said about healthy food!  I should be a better sister to him.  He always has crazy ideas but after all he's my crazy little brother.  Maybe Darryl would like something other than Lentils...

Harvest 8 Chocolate
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Chocolate Cream Puff
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Soft Dough and 3 Chocolates

Transport 50 Honey to the Island
  Skip for 12 RC
  Split the Transport of these between Zeppelins to reduce the time required

Reward: 1000 Coins, 200 XP

Felicia  It's simple, but I hope he likes it.  I wish I could discover new recipes... Right, my resolution: travelling and learning more!

Happy New Year 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  Oh dear, now that I think about it... No one has thought about decorating the house!  What can I do?  Shall we hang some wreaths?

Harvest 8 Laurus Leaves
  Skip for 8 RC

Harvest 40 Lilies
  Skip for 12 RC

Produce 8 Laurus Wreath
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Laurus Leaf, 2 Lilies and 2 Red Roses and takes 15 minutes to complete.  Note, however that the task is done when you begin to craft the item and not when it is finished.

Reward: 1000 Coins, 210 XP

Felicia:  I feel like we're still missing something...

Happy New Year 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Felicia:  I could also make some red necklaces for every one.  Tradition says we should have something red for New Year's Eve.  Do you think it will work?  Maybe I should collect some ideas from the Neighbours!

Craft 6 Red Cord Necklaces
  Skip for 6 RC
  Each requires 1 Angora Wool, 1 Wool and 2 Red Roses and takes 3 Minutes to complete.  As with all Beauty Crafting, the task is counted when you begin rather than when the item is finished.

Prepare 8 Braised Cabbage
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Pickled Cabbage and 2 Onions
  Each Pickled Cabbage requires 2 Cabbage and 1 White Vinegar

Ask for 20 Handcraft Ideas Books from Neighbours
  Skip for 20 RC

Reward: 1000 Coins, 210 XP

Felicia:  Another resolution: Improve my crafting skills.  In fact, I better read this book asap!

Special Reward: Island Mission Gift Box

Happy New Year 12
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  I'm so excited to go back to the Seaside Farm and celebrate the New Year with my family!  What should I bring with me?  I guess more chairs!

Craft 12 Wooden Cylinders
  Skip for 12 RC
  This is an Island Task.
  Each requires 1 Oak Wood harvested from an Oak Tree.  Use the Sawmill to cut into Cylinders.  It takes 2 Minutes for each.

Harvest 40 Onions
  Skip for 15 RC

Craft 3 Wooden Chairs
  Skip for 3 RC
  This is an Island Task
  Each requires 1 Wooden Plank (made in Sawmill from Cedar) and 4 Wooden Cylinders

Reward: 1000 Coins, 220 XP

Dad:  I hope these will be enough...

Happy New Year 14
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  Should I also contribute and prepare some dishes?  Maybe some fried rice cakes.  Rice cake as long as the time I wish to spend with them.  Do you know any good recipes?  I'm not really good at cooking.

Prepare 12 Stir-fry Rice Cakes
  Skip for 12 RC
  Each requires 1 Stir-Fry Veggie and 1 Rice Cake  (You should have both from previous Tasks.)

Harvest 6 Nutmeg
  Skip for 8 RC

Prepare 8 Spinach Quiche
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 2 Spinach and 1 Nutmeg

Dad:  Ah, delicious!  Hope they will like it too!

Reward: 1000 Coins, 220 XP

Happy New Year 15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  I haven't seen my kids for awhile.  I'm sure they will appreciate some gifts, since I missed Christmas.  Problem is, I don't have much time left to work on it.  Will you help me finish this before we go?

Collect 60 Mohair
  Skip for 15 RC
  This is an Island Task

Prepare 8 Bigos
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 1 Juniper Sausage and 1 Braised Cabbage, both made in previous tasks.

Craft 6 Scarecrow Toys
  Skip for 6 RC
  This is an Island Task
  Each requires 2 Mohair Yarn and 1 Cedar Wood.  Note that the Mohair you have collected must be spun into Mohair Yarn in the Spinning Machine for this unless you have some in your Island Barn.

Reward: 1000 Coins, 230 XP

Dad:  Alright, the gifts are ready!  What else should I bring with me?

Happy New Year 16
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dad:  I almost forgot my resolution... I always wanted to share my adventures with my kids, but the truth is, I'm not a good letter writer...Next year, I will try to talk with them more often and Improve my communication with them.

Produce 20 Chocolate Pies
  This is an Island Task
  N.B.  Transport 20 Chocolate from the Seaside Farm in advance.

Prepare 8 Rose
  Skip for 8 RC
  Each requires 3 Wine and 3 Champagne

Ask Neighbours for 20 Mobile Phones
  Skip for 20 RC

Dad:  Our farm is in great shape, thanks to our neighbours and especially because of you!  Thanks for all of your support and Happy New Year!

And a very Happy New Year and many thanks for your support from Harvest Moon FDC (Freyashawk) and Rosewood Farms (Eugenia)

Reward: 1000 Coins, 230 XP

Final Reward:  Gratitude Jar Decoration for Island Farm

Gallery Registration
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All three items can be registered in the Gallery and combined, constitute a new Collection.  Rewards are:

Tooth Potting: 2 Medals, 10 Green Mystrons
Gratitude Jar: 5 Medals, 30 Green Mystrons
Lentil Bush: 3 Medals, 2500 Coins

Happy New Year Collection:
  5 Medals, 88 Green Mystrons, 1 RC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.